Private/International Schooling - Up to Date Info Please!!

Hi

My husband has just accepted a job in Malta and we're hoping to relocate there from the UK in the next couple of months. We have 3 kids, aged 9, 7 and 3 and I'm currently doing lots of research into the private and international schools to see which might suit them the best. There is lots of info on here but I can't seem to find any up to date;! As schools change year to year, I'd love to hear any recent info (2017/18) about the following schools:

Verdala
Newark
Chiswick House
QSI

Thank you so much!

can only report on CHS - we were initially impressed but sadly now experiencing issues with bullying that have been previously reported on this forum.   I'd strongly suggest reading things reported previously as things haven't changed.

You haven't mentioned St Edwards.  It is less international than some of the others (verdala / QSI), but the new headteacher is making big changes, and it has a good reputation.  Worth looking into.  I've got a 9, 6 and 2 year old going there currently, having decided to move last september with very little notice.  Verdala has a long waiting list.  QSI is upper end of price, but has availability.  It didn't suit us, though.  We wanted running space as we have boys so newark didn't suit us.

we had (in the end) the choice between chiswick and St edwards.  I had heard about the bullying issue at chiswick, and it also seemed to me that chiswick was a school for the academic kids.  Having left a school like that (top of the country we were in), it was great if your kid was that way inclined, but they were not great at helping the kids that needed help.  I have some of both.  We went with St Edwards, and have been very happy so far.  Of course, this is a problem if you have girls (boys only from y1)

It's worth identifying which school you are going to go for before you find your house; the school transport can take a long time!

Do you know the scool fees ? thanks

Hi, we are currently at QSI and although it is a good school it has gone down hill recently with many complaints from parents. The music/drama teacher is not qualified we discovered and music lessons are dire  . Appears to be favouritism with certain children and parents depending on status which is not how to run a school.  It used to have a lovely family feel to the school but this has also changed and they are not adhering to 1:16 ratio as stated on their website. Parents have complained about this but it has fallen on deaf ears. The children all seem happy at school but some parents are complaining that the work is too easy. Our friends have their children at Verdala and they are happy but like every where no where is perfect. For the cost of QSI many parents are complaining this year for the standard it provides. Our other friends children went to San Anton and they were extremely happy.

Hello,

After just recently moving to the Boston suburbs (USA) in September 2017, it looks like we may be preparing for an even bigger move this summer. My husband has been presented with an amazing job opportunity and if it works out, we will be moving our family to Malta. Its is so surreal even as I type this, I am still trying to wrap my head around everything. But the most important to do, is finding a school for my daughter. We are mostly interested in Verdala as my husband attend there for a year in 1995 and it is what he knows. But any insight on any of the international schools is much appreciated. My oldest will be entering 1st grade. Thank you!

Ali, if you're hoping to get in this coming school year (to Verdala), it's worth seeing the waiting list before you put too much effort and or focus on that one school.....

Thanks everyone for comments - we have looked into Verdala and the waiting lists are very long for most years! I have just secured a job there so our oldest will get in for sure but yes I agree, look into it before you get your heart set on it. I've heard lots of good things about the school and we're hoping they are all true. we were very impressed with San Andrea and San Anton too but again, waiting lists are an issue. We have decided on a state primary for our younger two kids as we are assured that as long as you get the area right, then international kids will get on well and integrate successfully.  Fingers crossed! Has anyone had any experience with Pembroke Primary??

Oh no! I was putting all my hope on QSI ...and Verdala fully booked

If you live in Sliema you have to choose Sliema primary. It's very good as very international due a lot of foreigners lives in this area. And I heard that Pembroke is really good as well but it was 4 year ago😕