Moving to Vietnam

Could anyone tell me if you have to prove an income or have a certain amount in a Vietnamese bank before you can get a long term visa to live in Vietbnam

dec035 wrote:

Could anyone tell me if you have to prove an income or have a certain amount in a Vietnamese bank before you can get a long term visa to live in Vietbnam

Those who are working (or have businesses) in VN and those who have VN spouses can get 2-5 yr TRC (temporary residency).

There's also a 5 yr Visa Exemption for those with VN spouses.

Others can get max 1 yr business visa.
US citizens can get 1 year tourist visa.

AFAIK, one doesn't have to submit any proof of income or have a fixed amount in a VN bank for any of the above mentioned Visas and TRCs.

Thanks, that is helpful.  You do have to prove an income in Thailand and Bali ... thought Vietnam might be the same.

senwl wrote:
dec035 wrote:

Those who are working (or have businesses) in VN and those who have VN spouses can get 2-5 yr TRC (temporary residency).

There's also a 5 yr Visa Exemption for those with VN spouses.

Others can get max 1 yr business visa.
US citizens can get 1 year tourist visa.

AFAIK, one doesn't have to submit any proof of income or have a fixed amount in a VN bank for any of the above mentioned Visas and TRCs.

I have a Visa Exemption, have now lived here for 5 years and have never had to show income or anything like that.

on the website of the Ministry of Public security (Bộ Công an), what you need for visa and stay extension (for temporary residence foreigners) is one filled application form (NA5) for extension and your pass.
the form for visa/stay extension u can download at the end of this site under "tài liệu đính kèm". there is a word form.
there is also Information, how much u have to pay for visa/stay extension and where u can apply it.
i hope these infor r usefull for u.
best regards
http://mps.gov.vn/web/guest/thutuchanhc … Jn/3314436

dec035 wrote:

Thanks, that is helpful.  You do have to prove an income in Thailand and Bali ... thought Vietnam might be the same.

I think that's for Retirement Visa. Vietnam doesn't give Retirement Visa.
If you don't qualify for TRC or VEC (exemption), you have to do the visa runs to stay in Vietnam for more than one year.

You are welcome to in advance😁. Vietnam is a nice place to live