How to remove my name from the Vietnam blacklist? :(

LaChill wrote:

@vagabon. Did you read the post at all? I am in the process of getting a new passport. Thus new passport number. So will it pass?

Only one way to find out, give it a try.

Yeah read your comments. Does Ni
It change a thing. Every country youhave been denied is linked to your passports(s). Perhaps you do not understand how the system works LaChill. Check back in after you get the new passport. Then admonish me on my reading of your comments.

The new passport idea is a novel idea. But do you really think that it would b that easy for criminals to just play the passport system. All are linked worldwide through INTERPOL and go back as far as your first passport. And the passport just proves which countries your a citizen of. The visa was blocked by the country you tried to visit. Ready assured you were not listed just under your bame which is not unique. But your passport number is.

Vagabondone wrote:

The new passport idea is a novel idea. But do you really think that it would b that easy for criminals to just play the passport system. All are linked worldwide through INTERPOL and go back as far as your first passport. And the passport just proves which countries your a citizen of. The visa was blocked by the country you tried to visit. Ready assured you were not listed just under your bame which is not unique. But your passport number is.

Let's not forget that this is a scam being run by immigration, its not an official blacklist.

I went to a land border in Moc Bai, which has a computer system, they couldn't find any information on it for my previous passport. I had a new passport which didn't have my entry stamp on it...so there is some hope.

Well that is good. Honestly I have no clue what has precipitated the rise in “ blacklisted” individuals. Seem it came into being when we went to the centralized visa system in Hanoi. So lord knows what is going on inside the country. But rest assured passports are forever linked. Could very well be that when they blacklist you they are not using yourpasport for entry or it is an external system to the international system. Nothing surprises me here. But the BL is rather exspensive to get off of. But in my case I had to.

This is just crazy. My wife and daughter are vietnamese and I too have found myself on some list. I have recently been denied a visa thru 3 different agents, all of whom could not provide me a reason or tell me any more about my case.

Does anyone have experience with Sunviet travel/visa agency? They claim that they can take me off the list for $2,900 USD.

I was also considering doing a legal name change and applying for a new passport. New name new pp#. I seriously doubt I'm connected to interp@# since I'm not a criminal.

Good luck with the name change new passport etc. If you get it done and can get it done there is a high likelihood you will soon be a criminal. I am sure you have seen on many applications the question " have you ever gone by another name". Then they have this little warning about submitting false information. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just switch names to dodge things

Heck I got a TRC and removed by an attorney for those numbers.

I was never suggestion you were a criminal or connected to interpol. I only mentioned INTERPOL to demonstrate the internation  interconnectivity to you and your ID and passport. Sorry if you understood otherwise

Thanks for the legal advice counselor. When you apply for a viet visa they do not ask you if you have gone by any other names. And even if they do, so what? Does that make me a criminal?

I bought  a one year visa in Seoul, the Việt immigration officer told me explicitly that the visa was good for one year and that I didn't have to leave the country during that time. It wasn't until I went to my embassy in Hanoi to renew my passport that it was pointing out to me that I had over stayed several months because even though the visa was good for one year I was still required to exit every 90 days. Of course this is my fault too as I should have further researched the visa rather than blinding believing the immigration official.

I went to the immigration dept. in Hanoi and explained my situation. The captain I spoke with told me " don't worry, there are lots of people who have misunderstood this visa." I was instructed to write an official statement explaining myself and to provide documentation from my embassy that I was indeed waiting on my new passport. I did all of these things and paid a 4 mill fine. Then immigration told me that everything was taken care of and I wouldn't have any issues coming back.

I left my apartment and all of my belongings in Hanoi while I went to do a visa run, and sure enough, it was denied. I have been to many viet embassies and I still can't get any information. They won't tell me how long I'm banned for. The original visa agent that helped me with the paperwork in Hanoi informed me that it's probably 6 months. I have waited out the 6 months in Cambodia and am still being denied.

I'm still paying 10 mill a month in rent for my place in Hanoi. All of the "agents" I talk to are asking for thousands of dollars that they will in turn pay to their " connects" .

Now sir, you tell me who is the criminal here?

At the end of the day, I would rather put out the money than go through the hassle of obtaining new documents. But how am I supposed to trust these "agents", am I supposed to western union them a few grand and hope that they don't scam me?

Why don't you provide some info about your attorney and how you paid him? I'm open to suggestions but if your not going to say anything constructive than I'd rather not hear it.

Thanks in advance sir.

If there were a was to pay the fine directly to an embassy and get a new visa then I would be more than willing to do that. But they make you go through these middlemen and run the risk of getting scammed. At the very least they should tell you how long you are banned for, but they won't even do that, they say it's confidential information. It's just a scam.

@grayisbetter,
Perhaps you have problems reading it seems. I very clearly said that I was not suggesting you were a criminal. You said you were thinking of applying for a name change, then getting a new passport undef your new name. When you make the application for the new passport they will ask you if you gave ever used another name. Of course, you could say you never have. That would be a crime and you could be tried and convicted. At that time you would be cobsidered a criminal. Let me lnow what part of that you do not understand.
As for giving you the contact information for my lawyer that got me off the blacklist I told you before to PM me and I would gladly give it to you. I got a notification thst you had PM'd me. Bit it was blank with no message. Enjoy your stay in Cambodia in the meantime.

And no you can not go through the embassy and have your named removed. Apparently you do not know how  we got to the point of this blacklist business.

I think you have tried my patients in trying to give you constructive replies. I don't think it would help for me to give you anymore. So please do not PM me. I promise I  will not respond with constructive advise to your silly ideas such as having your name changed or having the embassy remove you from the blacklist, or your next crazy idea. Enjoy Cambodia and keep paying the rent in Hanoi. I think your the type that deserves it.

It strikes me there are lessons here:

1 - Read the terms of your visa and fully understand them.
2 - Be very careful who you deal with for visa applications
3 - Get paperwork (stating what payments are for) for everything you pay to government officials or anyone else.
4 - Check if 'Mr Fixit' companies can do as they claim.

Perhaps posters in Vietnam could comment on my musings and point out any downfalls or errors.

Fred wrote:

It strikes me there are lessons here:

1 - Read the terms of your visa and fully understand them.
2 - Be very careful who you deal with for visa applications
3 - Get paperwork (stating what payments are for) for everything you pay to government officials or anyone else.
4 - Check if 'Mr Fixit' companies can do as they claim.

Perhaps posters in Vietnam could comment on my musings and point out any downfalls or errors.

Getting something in writing would be the problem here. When I applied to get married we asked the official for a written list of what had to be done.  They wouldn't supply it. Something that could have been done in two weeks took us 4 months to complete.

The other problem is, if they did give you it in writing and you still had problems, they wouldn't accept any blame. Buck passing is rife, taking responsibility for your actions is not something Vietnamese are good at.

I have seen this advice may times. “ get it in writing”. Odd as it may seem  countries that operate on tge payola systems usually offer no paper trail. Yes, in Malayasia it may work. Try it in VN, Mexico and many more poor natuons where employess are undepaid and it does not work well

Vagabondone wrote:

I have seen this advice may times. “ get it in writing”.

I asked for comments, got them, and got shot down royal fashion on that point :D

Yeah, VN has its own set of unique ways. But thanks for the input.

Hi I am interested in how to get my name of black list ..thsnk you Brett in Can tho

Can send me the lawyer phone number about blacklisted Vietnam

I have overstay in Vietnam.i have pay penalty to immigration Department.they send me back my country.now I apply visa they rejected me not any reason.i have ask the agent to check they say my name not any blacklisted.i ask the agent to apply visa to me.now already 1week they say in processing.how I want to do now.pls any one can help.i really want go back to Vietnam settle my problem urgent thank

Kentlim933 wrote:

I have overstay in Vietnam.i have pay penalty to immigration Department.they send me back my country.now I apply visa they rejected me not any reason.i have ask the agent to check they say my name not any blacklisted.i ask the agent to apply visa to me.now already 1week they say in processing.how I want to do now.pls any one can help.i really want go back to Vietnam settle my problem urgent thank

Money is what they are looking for.

Best to have a lawyer take care of it for you. Online visa agents can not do it to the best of my knowledge. But it will cost yoh money for sure.

It happened to me and I was on a trip out of the country. Takes a few days to get it done though. The lawyer will email you your visa.

Have the lawyer to introduce can give phone number or email

That day have agent say my name is in blacklisted want remove name ask me pay 4500 usd.now I find another agent they check to immigration say my name not blacklisted but give they apply visa 1 week already not answer.just say in process.i just want back why so much problem.pls help thank

Have the lawyer to introduce can give phone number or email

*** this my whatsapp number contact with me?

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct
benjaminremy09 wrote:

Hello,
I have a question. I got the same problem.
I came back in France last february for holiday, and when I try to get my visa on arrival before my departure it was declined by the embassy.
After information, an agent told me I'm on  blacklist for overstay until 2022 (I was overstay last year, but I went out from VN after paid penalty to get out and the embassy in PP in Cambodia gave me back a new visa until february).

Last month, one agent told me he could remove my name from blacklist for 2300$. The time for me to get a new passport because it will be expired next september, I Asked him again this week if it's still possible. He answered me now it's too late to clear off my name from Blacklist because the list goes to Hanoi, no matter how much I will pay.
But an other agent (who he's really professionnal, not scamer) who have 2 offices (HCM and Saigon) told me he can process it for 3500$ in 3 weeks.

My question is : is it possible to remove your name from blacklist if the list with your name is already in the immigration in Hanoi ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

I just got a new passport, also Europe ....Numbers and all remained the same. You maybe better check on that

I personally doubt, that most of you "blackliste" are really on a black list. The amounts sound all very fishy.
Another agent, without a word and most  of you get same for the normal rates

Everything in VN smells a little fishy but the fish, and they smell down right rotten most of the time, which is really the governments opening position in many cases

This thread piqued my interest on 2 points:

1) how could a divorce possibly affect your legal worthiness to be in the country? Unless you divorced the PM's daughter, how could a VN woman get you blacklisted for getting divorced?  I sincerely would like to hear about this, even by PM, given how, uhhhh, a friend has an extremely embittered soon to be ex- who is at the same time fiendishly clever with that crap and would do well financially if this friend were unable to stay  and enjoy the fruits of former labor converted to m2.

2) I badly overstayed before getting my last TRC and they could not have been more casual about it. I phoned and was told exactly what happened: if under something like 10-14 days, they let it slide, otherwise it was - I forget - $3/day or something. No problem, no interrogation, nothing, no problem coming back in after.  So I find it hard to believe it would put someone on some blacklist and cost $4k.

Then don't believe, is my advice. I sure do not want to influence your beliefs.

Hello everyone,

Some inappropriate posts have been removed from this topic.

Please stick to the subject being discussed.

Thank you,

Diksha
Team Expat.com

l3ully wrote:

I personally doubt, that most of you "blackliste" are really on a black list. The amounts sound all very fishy.
Another agent, without a word and most  of you get same for the normal rates

I'm thinking similar thoughts.

Some say it's immigration. Others think it's a scam cooked up by the agents.

I'm betting on the agents.

Maybe I'll find out in August...

Oh I Gree it is sonething fishy. This all came about when they centralized the issuance of visas in Ha Noi. Prior to that there was a huge business of sling bogus immigration stamps. The new method cuts all the graft out. I suspect someone came up with this scheme to get a big coffee money payment to make up for all the lost revenue by local immigration officers. Some brave soul night be willing to turn it into the appopriate embassy officials and see if VN is willing to put a stop to it Me, I was told part of the payoff we t to the police chief and part to immigrations. Hopefully it is a once in a lifetime payment and it will be flagged that you donated once you pay to get removed.
There was a fella on here not ling ago that said he was blacklisted and had never set foot in the country. But your up a creek w/o a paddle if all your personal belongings, pets, family etc. is here and you took a short trip out of the country then learned you were BL.

This Diksha lady is starting to get up my nose. She has no understanding of the English language. If she keeps this up, I'm out of here.

Closed