How to remove my name from the Vietnam blacklist? :(

Dear co-expats,
     I've been working in the hospitality group in Hanoi since 2014 on a working visa which expired Dec2017 .. expired fro 25 days so the HR dept bought me a ticket to bangkok for a VISA RUN. (started with a  3 month visa then 6-month..then 1 year visa until...my last visa run in Bangkok last week.)
     Our HR dept emailed me the night before my flight back to HN that I needed to buy a ticket since I was already on the blacklist!?!
     Sadly after I bought my 1 way ticket back to Manila which cost around $270, the HR said they paid too much money for my visa 2x so most likely they won't be able to fix my problem about my name on the visa blacklist ...just like that...will all my stuffs inside my apartment in Hanoi.
    Questions:
    1. Is it a good idea to go to the Vietnam embassy in Manila and confirm if i'm indeed on the blacklist?
    2. If I am on the blacklist, how long will it take before the ban is lifted?
    3. Will this be a big issue with a new employer?
    4. Shall I go for business visa then a work permit since I don't have a diploma which is required to get a work permit?
     I would love to receive  pertinent answers to these Q's.

Being blacklisted for an overstay, I very much doubt it. It sounds to me like your employer is just useless. Go to the embassy and reapply.

Thank you.

Hey did you get this sorted? Have a similar situation going on

I remember someone here has a similar problem but turned out is the visa agent trying to rip him off. Best to check with the embassy.

I have a similar situation. I accidentally over stayed but I paid a fine through a travel agent and was informed that I wouldn't have a problem going back. However, when I applied for a visa I has denied. Travel agent told me that I actually am on a blacklist and now need to pay 4000 USD to be taken off. They won't even tell me how long I'm banned. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks in advance.

I think it is a new thing going on in VN. I was here on a valid VEC. Was at the Saigon airport o  a trip to Singapore and the immigration officer said I would not be able to re-enter Vietnam using the VEC. Contacted my lawyer and I too was on a blacklist and it would cost $4,000 to be removed. I paid the $4,000 and was removed. Seems just another way for them to get money. Before they could work the visa system in any immigration office. Seems that after they centralized the issuing of visa's and visa extension in Hanoi and took out the middle man they went to this scheme.

Have you overstayed?

I smell a scam. How can they deny you if you have a valid VEC. As usual,  grubby officers chasing the buck.

greyisbetter wrote:

I have a similar situation. I accidentally over stayed but I paid a fine through a travel agent and was informed that I wouldn't have a problem going back. However, when I applied for a visa I has denied. Travel agent told me that I actually am on a blacklist and now need to pay 4000 USD to be taken off. They won't even tell me how long I'm banned. If anyone has any information please let me know. Thanks in advance.

Contact another agent, you may be surprised.

Deleted

Diazo wrote:

Deleted

Did they issue you with a receipt?

Hello,
I have a question. I got the same problem.
I came back in France last february for holiday, and when I try to get my visa on arrival before my departure it was declined by the embassy.
After information, an agent told me I'm on  blacklist for overstay until 2022 (I was overstay last year, but I went out from VN after paid penalty to get out and the embassy in PP in Cambodia gave me back a new visa until february).

Last month, one agent told me he could remove my name from blacklist for 2300$. The time for me to get a new passport because it will be expired next september, I Asked him again this week if it's still possible. He answered me now it's too late to clear off my name from Blacklist because the list goes to Hanoi, no matter how much I will pay.
But an other agent (who he's really professionnal, not scamer) who have 2 offices (HCM and Saigon) told me he can process it for 3500$ in 3 weeks.

My question is : is it possible to remove your name from blacklist if the list with your name is already in the immigration in Hanoi ?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

My attorney did it for me. It was not much of a problem. Just money. Everything here can usually be worked out with what they call “ lobbying” fees

When it was ? how much did you pay ? and how much was your overstay pls ?

PM me and I can give you the info.

check your msg inbox pls ;)

Just another money making scam by immigration.

I agree. Since they centralized the visa process in Ha Noi it seems like this is the new new method of getting coffee money. Hope it does not turn out to be a annual grab. They may kill the golden gooose and we all leave. But what does one do. Pay up or leave.

I am always a bit dubious when people refer to a business here as “ really professional”. Of course, I suppose that depends on ones definition of professional.

Diazo wrote:

I agree. Since they centralized the visa process in Ha Noi it seems like this is the new new method of getting coffee money. Hope it does not turn out to be a annual grab. They may kill the golden gooose and we all leave. But what does one do. Pay up or leave.

Why were you black banned?

Nasty divorce.

You were black banned because of your divorce....interesting.

May I have the number of that lawyer?

I sent you a PM with his name and phone number.

I found a lady in Hanoi who claims to be able to remove people from the list for 3800. If it works I will let you guys know.

Money,money,money is what will get it removed, just another scam by dodgy immigration officials.

No doubt. But in my case I was out of the country with many thousands of dollars of personal things at my home here in VN. Unfortunately they sometimes have us by the short hair. In most cases I would tell them to pound sand. Seems like they came up with a good scheme to circumvent the centralized visa control system they asyarted in 2016 I guess it was. I imagine the loss of coffeee money made the immigration officials in the local offices have to change their lifestyle. Seem odd we never heard of people getting blacklisted and now it is pervasive.

Has anyone been blacklisted without an overstay, expired work visa, legal dilemma with a Vietnamese person (e.g., nasty divorce)? Is it a good idea to take all of your stuff every time you leave the country? Or only when getting a new visa?

Has anyone received a new 12 month visa, tourist or business, after a first 12 month visa? Do you have to leave the country to acquire the second 12 month visa?

Is it possible to have a 12 month tourist visa and then apply for a 12 month business visa?

And, finally, is it possible to go to the main Vietnamese immigration office in  Hanoi and get a new visa without having to pay the agent markup?

A lot of questions, sorry! And thanks.

New and improved wrote:

Has anyone been blacklisted without an overstay, expired work visa, legal dilemma with a Vietnamese person (e.g., nasty divorce)? Is it a good idea to take all of your stuff every time you leave the country? Or only when getting a new visa?

Has anyone received a new 12 month visa, tourist or business, after a first 12 month visa? Do you have to leave the country to acquire the second 12 month visa?

Is it possible to have a 12 month tourist visa and then apply for a 12 month business visa?

And, finally, is it possible to go to the main Vietnamese immigration office in  Hanoi and get a new visa without having to pay the agent markup?

A lot of questions, sorry! And thanks.

The police work hand- in- hand with the agents and will generally turn you away.

Thanks. But I'm a little confused which question that is the answer to.

New and improved wrote:

Thanks. But I'm a little confused which question that is the answer to.

Your last question .. "And, finally, .... " ;)

:D:dumbom:

Me also black list In Vietnam can i am going to Vietnam i have diploma and 5 years experience letter

Seems to be a very popular thing since they centralized visa issuance. Before I had never heard of it. If you need help getting off the blacklist PM me.

Send me whatsapp or zalo number

Hi,

Is the blacklist connected to your name or passport number?

I had altercation at immigration last month, refused entry and sent back to Thailand. They said I was going to be banned for 3 years and $3000 but I argued it and was going to be 5 days if I just got on the plane and left then. There was nothing validating what they were saying and cannot trust their words.

It was the last page in my passport anyway so Ive now applies for a new passport and want to return to Vietnam. For those on a blacklist with current passport. Is another option going to Sihanoukville or Luang Prabang and applying for the visa there?

Thanks

No, if your blacklisted you can not get any type of permission to enter the country ( visa etc.) until your removed from the blacklist. Your passport has been flagged on their computers

Vagabondone wrote:

No, if your blacklisted you can not get any type of permission to enter the country ( visa etc.) until your removed from the blacklist. Your passport has been flagged on their computers

Maybe if the blacklisted person applies with a different passport, they have blacklisted  with their old passport, it's worth a try.

@vagabon. Did you read the post at all? I am in the process of getting a new passport. Thus new passport number. So will it pass?

Closed