Help me with the D.R. Money......................

I see the following on a website:

Anywhere on the main road from Cabarete to Sosua is RD$30 (RD$50 after sunset). If you are going on to Puerto Plata, you'll have to change corro publicos in Sosua. From Sosua to Puerto Plata it is another RD$35-50. Try to have the correct amount of Pesos as they are unlikely to have change.

So, as I have been researching the currency in the Dominican Republic (D.R.) is the Peso and it is about ~48 D.R. Peso to the U.S. Dollar.... This I understand.  I also understand what a U.S. Dollar is.......

So, can someone tell me what a RD$30 is ??

:cool: Try using this converter

https://coinmill.com/DOP_USD.html

So, if RD $30 is run in your converter, it comes up with about 63 U.S. Cents, which I am having a hard time believing you could get a cab ride for.

I could still use some help here.

That is correct.  However I think recently there was a price increase in the cost of a Gua-gua and public (shared public taxi) to maybe 40 pesos or 40RD and this would be about 85 cents US.
Some things are very cheap here.  Bottled water for instance. A 5 gal blue bottle of water here runs about 75 cents.
Other things very expensive. A gallon of gas (regular) is now nearly $4.50US a gallon

Bob K

Your calculation is correct. Some things are cheap.

Easy and who to do in your head is 50 to 1. So 50 rd is about a dollar US. 

50= 1
100 =2
150 = 3
200 = 4
250 = 5

Jjj ud j.  Nnfjd

Thanx planner. That's easy enough for even me to do!