Cheapest location in AMMAN to live in

Hi! i am returning to AMman! 3rd timeim in love with that city! I will be there alone. im in my twenties. most people would not dare to think i am american muchless a foreigner. MOst people assume I am palestinian or Iraqi (turkish, iranian occasionally)SO i have been around the town ha, but I really want a cheap place to live in, i can handle a lot of stuff, but no roaches or bed bugs! I can live in any area, i dont care about mc donnalds and all of that. I am on jordanian (poor one) mode. SO recommend the cheapest location livable! please near wasat al balad if possible thanks!!!!!!!!!!

hi,
idk how i can help you cause in wasat el balad i think you will find alot of roaches,i didnt try living there but i stayed in areas like it.
it would be better if you said how much you can pay so i or anyone else can help you.
best regards

haaaaaaah thats soo funny .. why are there so many roaches there/./. ?? haha i swear i almost steped on one every time i wenty out. i rmember the floors exactly how they are because i always walked looking out for roaches. eww~ i had one almost crawl on my in the hashem restaurant. scary!. well i like to live anywere. but cheap. very cheap. if possible in a place where i can easily get a bus to wasat albalad. oh how is jabal alwebdah? what would you think a studio would cost for a month'.?

i heard 150-250JD was the average. no more than that

shirazi wrote:

i heard 150-250JD was the average. no more than that

i think if thats your budget it will do for lwebdeh, its right in the center of Amman,

ive read some of your earlier posts , really try to get one of your Jordanian friends to help you get a place to avoid any trouble and to get a decent rate.

thank you for this answer.  I love jabal alwebdah. i stayed in the select hotel its such a n ice place. But i remember trying to rent a place near Marka alshomaliya they said it was 250jd a month i thought it was expensive... was that a right price? what about the Jordan University area what would a 1 bedroom cost?

shirazi wrote:

thank you for this answer.  I love jabal alwebdah. i stayed in the select hotel its such a n ice place. But i remember trying to rent a place near Marka alshomaliya they said it was 250jd a month i thought it was expensive... was that a right price? what about the Jordan University area what would a 1 bedroom cost?

250 should give you a lot of options for a 1BR apartment, let see : Abu nsair, Jubiha, Dahiet il rasheed, bayader wadi il seer, lwebdeh, dahiet il ameer hasan
i think you can manage something in these areas for 250

the budget is not the issue, its the transportation,by the way why are you going to Amman will you be working ? and if where?
this will help limit the options

hey shirazi
a 150-250 is very good to rent a place for one person,try near the university,sweleh,jubaiha.i think you will find something good there and if you have any jordanian friends ask them for help cause maybe landlords will give you a higher price when they know that you are american.
best of luck

thank you! ooh I love jubaihaa! i hope i can live there. that would be fun :)

Hi Shirazi,

Welcome Back...

thahkn you! that sounds great i love jabal amman! i th ink i love every place in jordan ahahah!!!!!!!! im dying to go back :(

There are studios and one bedrooms near the university that go for about 250 USD per month furnished in the summer. If you dont want a stove and a fridge, you can probably get them for less.

Wast al balad will be even cheaper, but with more bedbugs ;)

I've lived everywhere from Ashrafiyeh to Abdoun, and I can tell you that every neighborhood in Amman has cockroaches and other problems...the fanciest apartment buildings, and the oldest ones! Don't let it put you off too much -- it happens!

Personally, Luwebdeh is the cheapest nice neighborhood, but I find it to be a bit far from everything. Um Uthayna is also nice and affordable!

thank you all for your answers . very helpful! I hope (really hope pray for me please!!) that i can be there by the end of ramadan.. I LOVE ramadan this makes me sad but thats my budget.. anyhow i will keep you informed until then!!!

@caised
i actually lived in wasat albalad the worst hotel was one called bedewi.. terirble ants, roaches, rats, bedbugs and the biggest raoch was the owner.  i moved to a place near the srrawia gas station by Tikiyet Umm ALi i think the street is istiklal. that place has a pool bar a lot of men.. and questionable women, the workers are sweet but it had every bug in the world!! anyway what ever i lived in, slept in i LOVE JORDAn!!! :)

@Shirazi

Just hit me up when you have your trip planned. In west Amman, there are alot of clean, furnished one bedrooms for around $250.

West Amman is obviously newer than wast al medina, so you won't find roaches. Like any city, the older parts will have alot of creepy crawlers to go with the many things to do. It's like the difference between NYC and the Hamptons. The Hamptons are clean and boring. You have all the great spots in Manhattan, but have to jump some rats to get in.

Good luck.

[Moderated: Please post in classifieds]

I am looking for a good place (furnished preferably) in West Amman for around 300-450 JOD. Let me know if you hear of something:

My email is: [email protected]

Thanks

Said

Hi Said!

You should post an advert in the accommodation section of Amman classifieds.

Regards
Armand