Going out in Manchester

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Manchester?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

Hiya new here but live Manchester.

The Printworks in Manchester is ideal for most, as it's close to shopping and has loads of bars/restaurants.  It's also covered for those wet days, which we seem to get plenty of!

Loads of bars down the main drag which is Deansgate.  The Northern Quarter, not too far from Piccadilly and the station is an up and coming area too.

Hope that helps.

Deansgate locks is also quite busy for a night out.
Didsbury village and Salford Quays are nice too

I generally lounge in the Northern Quarter. If you want to see fights, you go to the Printworks.

The centre of town has a good range of cuisines and restaurants to every budget. One of my favorite places to eat out is The Armenian Taverna. Hidden down soem stairs by the City HAll (what a building!!), the atmohsphere is great and the food is good and moderatly priced. Take a look on:manchesterconfidential.co.uk
for tips and scheules for plays, tours, events, etc.

I too like the Northern Quarter and will also say that if you want fights then go to deansgate as well as the printworks although deansgate locks is quite good as is the end of Deansgate with the swanky bars like living rooms although it can be a bit tough to get in sometimes and if you are a group of guys then forget it.

Restaurants there are a LOT, most of which are good but some you may want to try are:

El Rincon De Raffa = Spanish
Gaucho Grill = Argentinian (steaks n stuff)
Grill on the alley (steaks n stuff)
Australasia
Ocean Treasure
East Z East
Vermilion
Red Hot World Buffet
Rosso
Gusto

Also check out the comedy clubs for a different night out:
the comedy store = deansgate locks
frog and bucket = great ancoats street just past the printworks and the MEN

Hope this helps