Moving Abroad

Hi There!

I Am a Mauritian Citizen, my wife, my son and myself would like to move to a nice country to live and work but we do not have any specific country in mind at the moment.
I would like to know which formalities we have to do and to get your opinions on this topic.
Many Thanks.

You are already living in one of the nicest places on earth, or so many visitors and wanna-be residents think.
What other places are suitable to you depends largely on your expectations, lifestyle and financial situation. Since you mentioned nothing about these, it is difficult to advise.

beppi wrote:

You are already living in one of the nicest places on earth, or so many visitors and wanna-be residents think.
What other places are suitable to you depends largely on your expectations, lifestyle and financial situation. Since you mentioned nothing about these, it is difficult to advise.

I would also add, languages spoken but mainly what qualifications you hold?

'The grass always looks greener on the other side of the hill' is a saying that has been around for a long time. In reality it is not always so.
There is a line from a song, 'you never know what you've got 'til it's gone' which is a truism.
Look at what you have and where you are and balance that against where you are looking to go. I would bet that the pros outweigh the cons for present location. You need to do some serious research first taking into account what has been stated on posts 1 and 2.No rose tinted glasses when looking either.
There is a stark reality associated with such a move and these will not become obvious until the move has been made.
I have been wandering the world for over 48 years now and have come across many people who has moved, then the reality has set in and they become sorry they moved.
So, in summation, think long and hard.

I have traveled many times to Estonia.
Now I am taking the plunge! 
Now Going "all in" to bring my Business coaching & consulting services to Estonia.
It will not be as lucrative as in NYC.
But I so much enjoy Estonia & Estonians.
I first came in 2000.  Later enjoyed living there on/off for four years. 
Now I very much want my life to be lived in Estonia.  Helping Estonians be more successful.
I cannot think of a better way to spend my talents and my time!  & I get to live full time in one of the "undiscovered" gems of a country.
Also offering access all over the EU & beyond.
Highly intelligent and industrious people.

The OP won't get any better advice than Stumpy's. The grass always does look greener, and it isn't necessarily so. As a general rule, you should look before you leap. Don't commit yourself to any other place before checking it out - and even then, don't commit yourself for the rest of your life right away. Another way of putting it is this: become an expat before you become an immigrant.

Thanks
Forthe kind advice.
When you watch abroad programs on TV make you think that opportunities elsewhere are more diverse than here.

Meet other expats and join the events

OR