MOVING TO KL FOR 3 YEARS

Friends,

Things dont look so good in Dubai now , so instead of moving to Sri Lanka I want to give living in KL a chance. While my daugther will finish her University for 3 years in KL, I too want to figure out as to what I can do in KL for 3 years either as an employee or an investor.

To start with please guide me if I an apply for any kind of visa that allows me to live in KL for 3 years.

Thanks for all your inputs

Denzil

Nice mate,im from the uk myself and I will also be starting university in malaysia soon hopefully,

Welcome on Expat.com Denzil ;)

I hope that other forumers will contribute to your discussion soon.

Best of luck with your move.

Regards

Hi if you have assets and are over 50 (40 in some circumstances) you can get a 10 year Malaysia my second home visa. You cannot work on that though! Getting a wp is difficult though otherwise. Although with lots of cash it can be done......

It really depends on your skills, career, age and wealth! Dubai is a lot easier to stay in than kl permit wise.

Out of interest what's wrong with Dubai now? I had a choice of Dubai or Malaysia and went for Malaysia as I know it and Dubai I was wondering about the whole middle east stability at the moment.

Thanks for your response. I am 50+ and financially stable. What kind of assests would I have to show. How difficult is it to get an investors permit.Appox for a family of 3 including house rent, how much approx in USD will be required per month to have a decent life.

Denzil

Hi see http://www.mm2h.gov.my/

Basically 500,000 rm capital and 10,000 rm per month

There is no such thing as an investment visa!

That old question about a decent life lol. 10,000 rm is bare min. For a large family 5,000 usd a month or 15,000 rm is a min. With school fees extra. Bare in mind expats earn 25-50 k a month RM typically (except teachers and younger IT types)

Thanks for your info. I was told by someone that if my child gets a students visa for 3 years then I and my wife are eligable for dependends visa. Is that true? The cost of living is okay , not that high.

Denzil

Hi I would suggest the mm2h program. A friend did that and had a kid in a kl school and run his business in Bali from kl

I think that would be ideal. Can you please give me more detials for the 2 year stay program. I will also write to the University for the details.
Thanks again for all your help.

Denzil

MM2H is a ten year visa

Best to apply via an agent that would cost 1-2,000 USD (max).

If you want to work you need a local company, with a Malaysian business partner and then get a WP. I did that but if your business interests are outside of Malaysia just get the 10 year visa via MM2H. Business in Dubai is a lot easier to do than Malaysia...........

me too for three years lool :)