Basic Civic Integration Exam Abroad

I just want to ask about the scheduling of the exam? Can you select the day or month when you want to take the exam? I am a filipina who's living here in toulouse france and we were informed that i must take the exam on paris, we haven't scheduled anything yet as i still have classes in the university here. But i want to know how long does it take to get an appointment and to get the results. Thank you so much!

risabel.c wrote:

I just want to ask about the scheduling of the exam?

To schedule for the exam you need to register with DUO and pay the fees.

risabel.c wrote:

Can you select the day or month when you want to take the exam?

Yes, after paying the fees you can but that depends on availability on the day, it is best if you have the flexibility on dates.

risabel.c wrote:

But i want to know how long does it take to get an appointment and to get the results.

Appointment:- it could be 3-5 work days (You must contact the Embassy/Consulate) not DUO.

Results:- You will receive the results of your exam within 8 weeks after taking the exam. DUO will send you an email or letter with the results.

Source

Thank you for this info, I am actually confused on this. I'm still studying Dutch and would like to take the exam on or before may.

risabel.c wrote:

Thank you for this info, I am actually confused on this. I'm still studying Dutch and would like to take the exam on or before may.

Oh you have the time privilege which should help you get through all on time . . .

How far did you go with your study?

Are you aware of the exam methods and questions?

Let us know what your experiences are.

We are trying the same thing for someone who is living in France (non-EU resident). The embassy informed me by phone that you get a call after you apply to take the exam in order to make an appointment individually. Unfortunately the embassy cannot give me any guarantee on their availability, so the date and time of the exam could be "a week or several months" from the date you make the appointment.

Cheers, and good luck.

Hi! I would suggest for you to contact duo and pay for it then email the embassy on when is the next possible date for an exam or their schedule for the month. They are very helpful and friendly so they can give you options on the date of the exam.

With my experience, I am currently living and working in Malta... I paid for my fees of the exam through bank transfer to DUO...after a week they send me email with confirmation of payment, the subjects and the venue which I chose...i check the email and contacts to ROME Embassy for the Netherlands..and they are very accommodating..i did the schedule.. I arrange my flight and accommodation and they confirm only within 3days.

I did my study only 3mons or less and got the results of the exam after 6weeks.

When you're in the embassy, bring your passport and the residency card for verification, you will have biometrics..but for me since the biometrics is not available..when I pick-up my mvv..i will have my biometrics.

No selfie photo inside the embassy, phones are turn-off during exam, you'll have 15mins break during the exam...the embassy staff are really helpful and they give instructions clearly..youll be fine.. but I don't know with other embassy.

Ik Ben en Filippijn 😁

I attended a 4 weeks dutch course in cebu.  I found it practical and helpful than self study.  The teacher is dutch and friendly. The cost is affordable.

I passed the exam in 1 take.
Just saying.

Hi!

Would be taking the exam next month - September 2019.

I would like to know how it's being scored. For instance, in Speaking, 22 questions needed to be answered, what's the passing score?

Hopefully, anyone can explain it here. I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!