Live in Ho Chi Minh (Saigon), looking for a job

Hello,
my name is Valerio. I`m italian and I`m looking for a job.
I`m in Vietnam since two months. Now I`m leaving in Saigon and I intend to live here for a long period.
My main field is Filmmaking since I studied Cinema and Multimedia for 12 years in my country,
I have experience as Director, Screenplayer, Photographer, Camera operator and Video Editor.
Anyway now I`m just looking for a job that allows me to live here and see which chances this country can offer me.

Hi Valério and welcome to Expat.com :)

How is life in Vietnam so far?

I would advise yo to post your job request in the designated section : Jobs in Saigon section.

I will also advise you to check the Living in Vietnam guide, it might also give you more insight about work and life in general in Vietnam.

All the best,

Priscilla
Expat.com team  :cheers:

Thank You Priscilla, much appreciated.

Best Regards

Could I suggest you look over this thread if you have not done so already:  https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=739894

The poster in this case has similar TV experience but seemed to think that a job in local TV was unrealistic.

There are 4 or 5 Westerners (all of them male) on TV who speak Vietnamese with beautiful Northern accent, excellent syntax, perfect similes, and smoothly inserted proverbs.  In short, they speak better than I do.  :sosad:

Thank you for the advice THIGV. I think that is not unrealistic. I still don`t know about local TV but there are many production agencies here. It`s just about to insist.
I`m sending CVs since 3 weeks and i got some meeting. I think some good chance will arrive :)
But still need a job. I mean any kind of job just to survive in the meanwhile!

Try Craigslist.com. You can search by job description.

Their is a Production Company at 17 - 19 Tôn Thất Tùng, Phạm Ngũ Lão, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam, i just forgot the Name, maybe you can try it there.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please drop an advert in the jobs section
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct