I really like to learn Mandarin Chinese

Dear future Chinese friends,

I am currently studying in XMU. I am an overseas Chinese. In my first few weeks, I always got lost in the huge campus of XMU. Being a newcomer in the University and latecomer in the classroom had caused me terrible for 1-2 solid weeks. But it continued up to my last day in the school of which I did not expect that I would give up easily. I tended to encounter difficulty because I had trouble understanding the lessons. We had a test after my 2 days in the class, I had no answers which is understandable because I was a latecomer. Two weeks of attending the class was like totally useless. And on the third week, I was still the same, couldn't catch up with the lessons. On the 4th week, I had decided to stop so I just did attend the remaining few days to complete the 1 month Chinese class. I was like what the hell I am doing here in school? I'd really like to make friends with locals but I struggled to connect with them. Finding this level of compatibility is difficult, and sometimes people end up in leaving you along the way. The main issue here is not just cultural differences but also language barrier. By reason thereof, I really want to learn Chinese, or improving on what I already know so I can leverage my experience here in China.

I want to meet Chinese friends who can teach me their language and I will teach them English in return. I only have 2 months left before the next semester start. Your help would be greatly appreciated. I am really eager to learn Mandarin Chinese at the soonest possible time.

Honestly, this is my first time to speak my mind over the social media so I am a little bit afraid. I can't believe I am actually writing this. I hope I can meet good friends here.

Kind regards,

Ling'er

I would recommend you to study it online. It is cheaper and it works...  You can contact eszett-bls.com. They do teach chinese online.

Good luck!

I'm a XMU student studying abroad but coming back next month. My advice is for you to join some English clubs in school. I'm an English major and some of my teachers in XMU speak English as their native language. Maybe you can try to connect with them? Good luck studying!

Hi
I am chinese, could teach u chinese, we could learn together
do u have wechat

hi,do you still need to learn Mandarin? I can teach you free. I am also a student. My wechat ***, you can add me

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

her,friend,i just want to find a friend who can speak english.you teach me english and i teach you chinese.all is free.

You'll find a couple of links for leaning chinese on http://wuxi-city.com/culture/language.php