Moving from India

Hello everyone...                                                  My husband has got good opportunity there in Nairobi and we planning to shift in March but I m really very much worried about my son who is seven years old that he will get settled there or not,  abt his schooling.  I also wanted to know that where does most Indian community live,  what is there living culture,  how do we spend time there.  Can any one suggest good Indian school. How is the weather through out the year. What people do in weekend. You all might have understood from so many questions that what is running in my mind. I m not really able to make that it is a good decision or not especially for my child                                Thank you... Waiting for reply

I have moved out of Nairobi about two years back. However, certain things wouldn't have changed. Good schools are available provided you are able to get your child admitted into one as the competition may be quite tough.

But more importantly, education is very expensive in Nairobi. Another thing that is very expensive is medical treatment. Even ordinary OTC drugs cost 6 to 10 times their cost in India. Consultation charges are also very high.

So I hope your husband has been careful enough to negotiate for both these costs to be covered by the employer.

Lastly, do not fail to take travel insurance for at least 3 months while leaving India. This will cover emergency medical expenses till regular medical insurance can be obtained in Nairobi.

Hi,  You don't have to worry anymore. about your son's education in Kenya.

You will be able to check the schools .There are several kindergartens  especially around runda.

Thanks.

Moderated by Chris 6 years ago
Reason : Advertising of services and products is not allowed on the forum. Please register in the business directory.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct