Qualifying for statutory tuition fees

Hello, I am an american looking to study at a university here in NL, full-time, for a bachelor's degree.

I have been on the regulier bepaalde tijd visa (type I) for three years now via staying with a family member. My family member is my dad, working here for a Dutch company. Neither of us are European citizens.

I am hoping to qualify for statutory tuition fees, but some websites say I am able to qualify, and some say I am not.  Is there anyway I am able to qualify? I am curious because my father pays taxes here, so I am thinking that I would be eligible for some kind of reduction of fees.

Any insight is appreciated! Thanks.
Edit: also, this site seems to confirm it, but can anyone tell me if this makes me qualified? Article 3

Hi Deelicious and welcome to the Forum.

I reckon that it says in Article 3 that on the basis that you are in Holland legally, staying with a person granted equal status as a Dutch citizen (your father), that you are entitled; why do you think you're not?

Anyway, best people to speak to are the University, I can guarantee you that you will not be the first person asking this question.

The other thing that you need to consider is your future; is it here, or back in the US and if the US, will your Dutch degree work for you in the US.  My experience (I work for a US multi and our CFO was a Dutch guy) is that it should work, but it could be that some disciplines are not so welcoming of out of state degrees.

Hope this helps.

Hi Cynic, thanks for your reply.

Yes, that's what I thought as well about Article 3, but I'm not sure if he is granted equal status as he is a highly skilled migrant.

There is just some confusion as I emailed DUO and they told me that I am not eligible for  it, yet I also went to an office, had a meeting, and they told me I most likely am eligible. Anyways, yes I will have to talk more with the university. Thanks! I hope this works out, as paying statutory fees would be a dream.

And yes, I've read about the degrees working in the US, and I think it will work in my favor as my desired field is big on international experience. :)