Imagration dress code

Hi all
Well just did my visa extension but this time a new security guy...dressed in t-shirt dirty pants tells me that next time I am to make sure I am dressed in long pants
Now I did have on a buttoned shirt as well as shoes and shorts
So my question is can someone post a link on the dress codes as I've tried to see the official webpage but can't find anything
Most Google posts are outdated
Thanks in advance

Good luck with your search.  I have long pants here for formal affairs such as weddings, hope you can find a pair in Pangasinan.

Shouldn't need to
It's a tropical country and the long pants I have are pajama ones
So I'm guessing it's just this guys ego trip I'll find out next visit

I did my 13A Visa, when we got there they have refuse to let my Wife in as she had a dress but showing shoulders, it was not a singlet but real and expensive dress, I found it to be totally crazy to do this but they will not let her in, we had to buy T-shirt so she can get in, what is this ?? I know about this only in Muslim Countries, not in Philippines they mut change this ASPA

CRAZY really most employees look like they need to follow a dress code...mite just be a power trip..but they do need to change it..next thing will be more pesos to just enter the joint 😂😂

Pup Austin wrote:

Shouldn't need to
It's a tropical country and the long pants I have are pajama ones
So I'm guessing it's just this guys ego trip I'll find out next visit

Look at it this way, if you wear long pants then you won't have to shave your legs.

Hahaha so funny 🙄

I was given the advice to wear a shirt and long pants (black jeans) by our HR manageress and I'd trust her on anything in the legal system here, you can buy long trousers easier than you'd think, I live in Mactan and Marina mall has a stall selling Lee jeans and Levi's etc.
Someone put about they have seen it in Muslim countries, don't forget there is a large percentage of Muslims in the Philippines.

Hi Pup. 

I was turned away from BI in 2002 because I had shorts, long socks and shoes, and a short sleeved business shirt - normal business dress (as worn by politicians in the parliament!) for the Northern Territory in Australia where it is tropical.  So when I had to go to BI after I moved to the Philippines in 2015, I made sure I wore long pants, shoes and business shirt (polo).

When I went to BI there were dozens of guys in shorts and 'slippers'!  That was in 2015, 2016 and last in January 2017.

I always wear long pants (track suit pants) and shoes, just in case. Sounds like it's needed now!  It's so cheap to get a pair of trousers made.  Quality isn't great, but if you're only going to wear them to BI it's a worthwhile investment.

No matter how much we may dislike some of their rules, we are living in their country and must follow them.  And we wouldn't be living in the Philippines if there wasn't something that we like far more that what we dislike.

I was not really aware that Man needs pants, i did go there few times, every time I always have jeans and polo short sleeve, and yes shoes but this is my own dress code, and they nerve ask me to have long sleeve shirt, Maybe we Australians are ok here haha, i did notice they pick on some, but I have seen Europeans are ok too, basically they always let them in no question asked.

samangelevski wrote:

I was not really aware that Man needs pants, i did go there few times, every time I always have jeans and polo short sleeve, and yes shoes but this is my own dress code, and they nerve ask me to have long sleeve shirt, Maybe we Australians are ok here haha, i did notice they pick on some, but I have seen Europeans are ok too, basically they always let them in no question asked.

Actually, my shirts are all long sleeve, but rolled up.  I never thought about short sleeves - I thought it was only the short pants that they didn't allow, but worth finding out about the short sleeves too.

What ever it is or will be as always double standards haha more complaining, this Country dose this to you, as nothing to do if you not close to sea, or close to Major City,
pr just me, well you get that.

Anyway I found the dress code and in fact you can use shorts as long as they cover knees and are dress shorts..
So I'll see at my next visa visit 😁
I can't upload a pic.but it's on the official bureau of imagration webpage so that's good enough for me...screen shot to my phone I'll be showing this Muppet if he starts to fire up 😎

NEW DRESS CODE POLICY

Administrative Circular No. SBM-2013-007 was issued on 01 October 2013 revising the policy on dress code imposed on clients transacting or with official business in the Bureau of Immigration (BI). Policy amendments were made to maximize and accommodate visitors and foreign nationals with legitimate dealings with the BI as well as the consideration of the tropical weather in the Philippines and the usual tourist attire.

The new policy requires strict adherence to decent attire and prescribed the minimum dress code requirements both for men and women. Meanwhile, business/office attire is required for those attending hearings or official meetings.

Apologies for the image quality. I couldn't fine a better one:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/Slider/resized--dress-code.jpg

I was going to say that if there is a dress code to visit the Bureau of Immigration then the BI should post a sign in plain sight in their buildings. I would like to think that such dress code is also available in their website, I don't have to deal with them so its not an issue for me. But I would think that common sense should tell anyone how to dress when visiting such a government office. Just pretend you are going to a formal party or visiting someone important. Don't dress like you are going to the beach or the park or just out for a casual stroll.

I found the website:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/78-top-st … ode-policyhttps://www.facebook.com/officialbureau … 7967681914

There is nothing strange with having a Dress code in immigration!  Go to the prefecture in France in shorts they will eject you right away!  I don't find any problem with that, just a question of respect for yourself and others

Yes it is true nothing wrong with dress codes, have been around for years, then again how nice it is to see a Man or Woman dressed in nice clothing, this is every way around the world, i personally hate to see Man or Woman wearing slippers in shopping centres or Singlets and some cheap shorts, how terrible that looks,

Ok update on the dress code I walked in with shorts a button shirt and casual shoes
Not one word said to me about my clothes by the security guy..i smiled said Gday mate and that was that
So there you go back to my point why should we suffer a grumpy pinoy and his attitudes
I am always dressed well be it in shorts long pants or whatever
They need to have a dress code yes... but one that makes sence and allows you to be comfortable in a hot humid country

5 Years in the Philippines and I only have t-shirts, cargo shorts and a pair of jeans.  I simply wear my jeans to Immigration, Intramuros and never yet encountered an issue ...

3 years in the Philippines, i learned to ware shorts too, never did before, you right the weather is not good for any thing but shorts and t-0shirt and yes casual shoes, me too when i go to intramusro is with jeans shoes and short sleeve shirt, and I agree nothing wrong to be casual  in this Country.

Dress rule is not new. My Son was turned away for wearing Shorts, Five Years ago.