Looking for a reliable plumber and electrician

Dear all,

I'd really appreciate any recommendations for reliable and reasonably priced plumbers and electricians to do some jobs around the flat.

Also looking for someone good who can tile and install a shower, toilet, sink etc.

I'm based in St Julian's.  I've searched on this forum but haven't really found much.

Many thanks!

I'm also looking for an electrician, for work in Birgu...

Nat2018 wrote:

Dear all,

I'd really appreciate any recommendations for reliable and reasonably priced plumbers and electricians to do some jobs around the flat.

Also looking for someone good who can tile and install a shower, toilet, sink etc.

I'm based in St Julian's.  I've searched on this forum but haven't really found much.

Many thanks!

Please search in the CLASSIFIEDS section.  Service recommendations are to be posted there.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hi Romaniac

Thanks for your response. I originally searched within Classifieds, however there doesn't appear to be a "Services" section, and there aren't any adverts for Plumbers or Electricians.

I've also looked in the Business Directory but nothing is listed under "Plumbers" or "Electricians",

I came onto this forum in the hopes of getting recommendations from other expats.

Thanks

Hi, I can relate to the question with all my heart - finding a reliable professional to work in your house is a nightmare. For the time being I can recommend JV Installations, the main guy is Jurgen. All contact info is on the website.

I can't say he is perfect, nobody is, after all, but he keeps his appointments, communicates well, listens to your actual question and works well. Quality of his work is good and he cares about his professional reputation. The rest is up to you. If you don't like this guy, keep searching and don't get discouraged,

http://www.jvmalta.com/services/plumbing/  he has facebook account as well.

Another company which I used in emergency and they actually did a good job is http://www.marcovella.com/  The owner is Marco, contact info on the website and FB. But keep in mind - they are not cheap.

As a side comment - when you go through unknown personalities of handymen, be prepared to waste your time (people don't show up or are very late without notice),  listen to various lectures on how to live your life, how everyone before them botched everything in your house but they will fix it for sure, various stories how they were working in other places and things went awry, but them, these great handymen, "saved the girl and the Earth", and if not for them - Malta would've turned upside down without electricity and water.
Good luck.

NAT,hi I'm Phil .
I'm over in Feb and April, My work is a multi skilled gas engineer.i do gas,plumbing,tiling,bathrooms kitchens ,some electrics,full re-furbs ,conversions etc.
Were over quite often at the mo as were looking for property so we can relocate to Malta.
If  you would like some work done while I'm there,get intouch and see if we can get something sorted if you like.
Cheers phil

Hi Phil, just sent you a PM....

Thanks