Employer asked me to pay

Hello
Because of I decided to leave the company after seven months (I still have employment visa)  employer asked me to pay money,(10 000 AED- they spent for my visa  ) if I don't they will give me a ban.
is it possible? I agreed to pay but not now,

also, can I change my employment visa to tourist visa without leaving the country?
and last question. if they give me a ban and I found a job, not in free zone company can I ask them to remove ban (after I pay 10 000 AED ? )

please answer me as soon as possible

my current company is in Tecom, I think Tecom is in the free zone, yes?

because of it was my wish to leave a job , I will pay but not now.

With Free Zone companies, ban should not apply. I work in Tecom and I was told by our HR that our contracts are Unlimited and we can leave any time we want. Unless there are new changes I am not aware of.

As far as I know there shouldn't be any payment unless you signed an internal contract which indicates the said agreement. Guess my reply is late. Hope things were sorted out and you didn't end up paying 10,000 AED

Hi

Unfortunately because of the law, you'll have to pay the visa fee but it's all worth it so that if you don't get a ban you can come again at anytime soon.

Cheers!

If you still stuck in here, my experience: I paid AED 4,500 cuz I left in 5 months to pursue my own business and my visa was not banned. Left in good-will.

Well if you have not signed any contract of leaving job clause then you are not bound to pay it. in normal cases the time frame is kept open so try to read your contract and then decide what you should do.