Applying for Family reunification in Philippines to Norway

Hi everyone! I just want t ask some opinion. I am going to submit my application for fiancee visa  to the Royal Embassy in Manila this wednesday. Is there is any specific arrangement for all the document before submitting? Do i have to separate and put it in the envelop every type of documents or staple will work too? I'm just concern since it's a lot of different documents.

I hope you can share your own experienced to me! Thanks a lot 😊

I can relate with your post as we do have the same concern. Within this week will be my plan for submission. So hope someone could share their experience. Highly appreciated 😊

Hi.
I applied fiancé visa last year. You don't need to staple it , all you have to do is arranged it proper order and follow your UDI checklist and it must be all size A4. And also secure a photo copy on your Documents.🙂

Hello Jny 😊 Which embassy you are planning to submit your application?

Hi,
I just submitted my application early this month. You have to submit your documents to VFS Global located at ground floor Ecoplaza building in Chino Roces ave in Makati. The Norwegian embassy doesnt accept visa application directly from applicant. You must go through the VFS agency. Goodluck to all of us!😊

This came from the email i got after I scheduled my appointment through UDI portal..hope this helps😊

Where to hand in your documents:

Norway Visa Application Centre, VFS Global
Ground Floor, Ecoplaza Building
Don Chino Roces Avenue, Makati City, Metro Manila

Hi January27, I am going to submit it in Norwegian Consulate in Cebu perhaps within this week when my fiance will be able to comply his certificate of no impediment, so hopefully things will go smooth. Goodluck to us! :)

Now i understand what agency you are talking
about 😉

Hi! is there anyone here submitted there fiance visa application in vfs manila last november 2017. How was you progress? Any updates? Thanks 😊

Hi Chichi14!

I applied for fiancé visa last Oct 2017 but no results until now. I keep on receiving the UDI monthly emails informing me that my application is still waiting to be processed.

3 months of waiting now :(

Peachy12

The waiting part is really the hardest ☹️ I thought it will be fast because my fiance's income is in the required range. The UDI update their processing time upto 4 months.

Let's just pray everything will goes well 😊

Hi everyone!

I am yet to submit our fiance visa application in VFS center in Cebu. We are just waiting for all the papers to be complete. I just wanted to ask if do we have to put/provide photos and other supporting documents  together with that relationship description and questionnaire the UDI is requiring?

Thanks a lot!

Hi! I would like to ask if with passing the documents, did you also pass your school diploma or TOR paperwork?  and I saw in another group chat that sometimes they ask if you have travel medical insurances. would you pass that one  as well?

I got my approval just today 😁 I submit my application last wednesday so basically one week today. So quick 🤣🤣

January27

Congrats!😊

Hoping that those people who are still waiting for the application to be granted (like me) will have our luck soon too 😊

January27,

Wow! That was fast! Congratulations!!!

Hi y'all,
I'm in same situation as you guys, I have recently submitted my documents for a fiance to VFS in Manila. I'm just wondering if any of you got email that embassy received documents? I have traveled 4 times as tourist to Norway, and each time i apply, i get email that they have my documents. I'm just anxious. Thanks in advance.
Be blessed you all. :)

Hello, we are in the same boat :) . It has been almost 3 weeks now since I applied a fiance visa at VFS Cebu but I didn't received any email from the embassy yet so we just hope for positive result. Goodluck to us 😉

Hello, i received an email a month after i submitted my application in vfs manila. In the email they said that they sent it to udi. Every month i always received an email in the udi saying that it is still waiting to be process.

Hi, it depends on what type of visa are you applying for..

Vfs manila or cebu just prepares and submits all applications from the PH. Approval comes from Utlendingsdirektoratet UDI. Before, it was the embassy handling the visa applications but they switched to VFS Global. :) Goodluck in all your applications ladies! :)

The most important thing is to make sure that you have all the papers you needed (with copies) and photos 2x2 and 1x1...  Sometimes specially for those who's gonna apply for family reunification make sure to pass pictures with the family etc.. It will help to prove that the marriage is not only for convenience purposes.. (As for me i provided that even though it didn't states on the requirements)
As for those who have kids from their previous marriage and planning to bring the kids along with them,it is important to provide a legal special power of attorney stating that the other parent is giving a full custody to the other parent.. Plus a copy of his/her passport.. Or other valid ID...

Hi.I just want to ask if you get the photocopies of your documents notarize by a notary public?

Just follow what it says on your checklist. Arrange your documents in correct orders based on your your checklist. Make sure you already had your papers copied because they will only take the copies while only gonna check the original if it is valid and will give it back to you. Also don't staple your papers because they will take it off anyway (not stapling it will saves them time). Pictures are important your 2x2 and 1x1 and please include the proof picture of you and fiance much better if you have picture of him with your family too.. It does'nt state on their requirements but believe me it helps a lot..

casseyissay wrote:

The most important thing is to make sure that you have all the papers you needed (with copies) and photos 2x2 and 1x1...  Sometimes specially for those who's gonna apply for family reunification make sure to pass pictures with the family etc.. It will help to prove that the marriage is not only for convenience purposes.. (As for me i provided that even though it didn't states on the requirements)
As for those who have kids from their previous marriage and planning to bring the kids along with them,it is important to provide a legal special power of attorney stating that the other parent is giving a full custody to the other parent.. Plus a copy of his/her passport.. Or other valid ID...

Hi.I just want to ask if did you get the photocopies of your documents notarize by a notary public?eg;photocopy of passport,mc and bc?

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you for the very helpful tips.I am applying for a family reunification visa. Me and my husband got matried here.Will submit the application early next year.I am just confuse about the copies cause it said on the checklist that copies should be notarize by authority or by a notary public.I once posted a question here regarding it.Because some say it's ok not to get notarize.And now,i don't know which is which.🤔

When they say notarized that is what we called red ribboned papers. Same as notary but it is gonna come with red ribbon and stamp in it. Documents you must have notarized are BC,CENOMAR and Marriage contract and all of them should be issued by NSO/PSA. Those are only for having a fiance or family reunification visa,tourist visa doesn't need to have their papers red ribboned because authenticated papers are enough.

Hello, my boyfriend and i are planning to get married here in norway, my fiance is a norwagian. We already submitted pur papers and just waiting for approval. I have 7 days left from my 90 days! I am still in norway and i need to exit the country to stop the counting of my remaining days and just come back here to norway in our wedding date..My question is, can i just apply a family reunification here in norway or i need to go back to the philippines before my 90 days end?

January27 wrote:

Hi everyone! I just want t ask some opinion. I am going to submit my application for fiancee visa  to the Royal Embassy in Manila this wednesday. Is there is any specific arrangement for all the document before submitting? Do i have to separate and put it in the envelop every type of documents or staple will work too? I'm just concern since it's a lot of different documents.

I hope you can share your own experienced to me! Thanks a lot 😊

First of all I am not sure, but for all I know a family reunification is for (spouse or kids) if you are not married yet then you cannot apply a family reunification instead fiance visa. And since you had 90days stay in Norway then your application can take a little longer because the UDI will ask for a Police report from which kommune you stayed. You won't have any choice but to go back to Philippines and apply there for a fiance visa. I hope anyone can make it more clear because I am not 100% sure about it though.

Ask your boy friend to try an extension visa for you. Unfortunately you have few days, and i doubt if it will work

Hello,
How is your application going?

Best Regards
Avegail

Hi, my application was two years ago. And now I'm living here in Norway for more than two years now. It went smoothly and been approved for only two weeks time. :)

Oh that's cool. I'm glad to hear that!
May I know where are you in Norway?

Avegail

Stavanger :)

Hello, did u undergo interview after submitting ur application? Thanks .. I just applied last Feb 28,2019 and still waiting for the result.

Prettydarlz wrote:

Hello, did u undergo interview after submitting ur application? Thanks .. I just applied last Feb 28,2019 and still waiting for the result.

Hi,
For all I know there is no interview on visa application in Norway. If you remember that you answered some questionaire that they gave you online then that's it, no more interview.

Okay thank you so much.😊

hello,  in regards with extensiin visa may i know how it is being done..and where is he going to apply for the extension . im currently in norway under tourist visa. takk