Printer ink cartridges

So I went to the place I bought the printer and of course they don't sell the ink cartridges. Anyone know of a place I can get some for a Canon printer?

I used to buy HP ink from a shop that specialized in ink.  It was on Nguyen Thi Minh Khai close to Cach Mang Tang 8.  The big computer store Phung Vu is on the corner and the ink shop is a few doors going Northeast.  If you are coming down the street from the North, it is after Futureworld, which is a certified Apple shop. 

I don't know if they sell Canon ink there but it might be worth a look.  I totally agree that it is absurd that in VN, the shops that sell printers don't sell ink.

edit:  I saw after I posted that you are in Vung Tau.  I hope it does not take a trip to HCMC for you to find ink.  Good luck.

Did it come with a cartridge. You can get them filled in many places. I have never had to buy a cartridge, jut get them refilled. It is quite cheap. Just ask anywhere where they sell computers or printers. There are oodles of places.

The problem with refills is that for most desktop inkjet printers, the printheads are integral to the cartridge.  On the larger office types they may be separate.  I don't know how many refills before the printheads give up but the number is not infinite.  I guess you can find out empirically, but you will waste your last refill when the printheads give out.

Stop buying cartridges and buy new Canon with refillable ink tanks.  I have the G2000 and after 3 reams of paper I am still printing with the ink that came with printer.  I expect the remaining ink to last through 2 more reams of paper before needing ink.

Calbear wrote:

So I went to the place I bought the printer and of course they don't sell the ink cartridges. Anyone know of a place I can get some for a Canon printer?

Sent you a PM with contact request

Straydog wrote:

Stop buying cartridges and buy new Canon with refillable ink tanks.  I have the G2000 and after 3 reams of paper I am still printing with the ink that came with printer.  I expect the remaining ink to last through 2 more reams of paper before needing ink.

More and more printers are coming out of the factories like this, ad you can modify many more (as I have) to take them.
The ink is cheap and lasts ages, so that's pretty much the end for cartridge machines, especially one like HP that basically force you to use their high priced ink by adding software that stops their machines working if you refill or buy your own ink.

Lazada have a very good range of cartridges and multi purpose printers if interested

AB_Wayne wrote:

Lazada have a very good range of cartridges and multi purpose printers if interested

The OP (otherwise known as "Vung Tau Rider" on YouTube) has gone incommunicado online.

Also it's been years since he asked.

OceanBeach92107 wrote:
AB_Wayne wrote:

The OP (otherwise known as "Vung Tau Rider" on YouTube) has gone incommunicado online.

Also it's been years since he asked.

:lol::lol::top:

A little update now and then doesn't hurt anyone does it?   :/   There are some threads that are of interest to more than the OP.  I think this is one of them.

THIGV wrote:

A little update now and then doesn't hurt anyone does it?   :/   There are some threads that are of interest to more than the OP.  I think this is one of them.

Apologies.

Did I wake you up?

Sorry to disturb your nap 😴💤

- @Calbear

Good post, really an amazing information for all users.

- @Calbear

With the price of printer ink cartridges soaring, it's no wonder you're thinking about switching to a different printer. I've been in the same boat as you in regards to spending a fortune on printer cartridges. Paying $50 for one cartridge is ridiculous. But thanks to my friends at sublimationhome, I have found some excellent alternatives to my HP office printers that use original OEM equipment at unbeatable prices.