Looking for Playa Coco rental for 6 month minimum.

Hi ! I am moving to Costa Rica no later than May 1st, and trying to do it by April 1st. On Jan 27 I have a flight to San Jose, so I fan look at a couple condos, or homes. I plan on signing a contract before I leave on Feb 2.

Does anyone have a 1 or 2 bedroom condo/ house? Or any close connections to someine that might? Currently, I extensively searched the internet for rentals and have narrowed them down, but i am open to any new ideas. My price range goes up to $650 max for 2 bedroom, if it includes water and something else like cable, wifi or electric. It will be for me and my 74 yr old Mother.

Can't wait for my new adventure in life. Costa Rica has been calling my name for a couple decades!!

Dawn Batiz Blagg

Hi drdawnchiro,

Welcome to the forum.

I suggest that you drop your own advert in the Housing in Costa Rica so that you might get some offers.

All the best,
Bhavna

That is a low budget for this area. Long term rental does not usually include utilities...especially not electricity. When using A/C your electric bill could be in the $$$'s a month.

Thank both of you for your replies. I will go to " Housing in Costa Rica" and post there. After searching around I did realize this area is more expensive and may only be there for 6 months, while I look around for better deals a nd areas that might suit us better. I do prefer less busy, and less concrete! If I were moving to Costs Rica with my husband (as we had planned for 15 yrs) then I would br moving to Santa Teresa. However, life has taken a sudden change and I will now be arriving in Costa Rica as a single person. Just trying to figure out the best area to get the smaller cuidad or large village feel, with an expat community and Ticos that I can mingle with. I am I so excited to be making this move.  Any ideas?

I expect that you have read of the residency requirements and the rules regarding working here, if you decide the that CR is where you want to be.
I understand that Uvita is an 'up and coming area' however I have read that rentals can be expensive as there are few  & far between.

Duplicate.

Hello. Vista Turquesa, in Playas del Coco,  where I lived for many years had all services and wi-fi included, and when I left three years ago the rent was $600 a month. It is a nice, quite place, less than 5 minutes from the beach, but you'd need a car since it is uphill overlooking the ocean. There are other friends with condos for rent near the beach. I can get you their phone numbers.

Thank you for replying. I will not have a car for a little while, but will consider your recommendation once I do have one.

It would be great if you would give me your friends information, perhaps I could rent one of their places, or they would know some good deals for me.

Where are you living now? What did you like about Playa,Coco? Dislike about Plata Coco?

Dawn

I wasn't too crazy about Playas del Coco since the beginning but we had close friends living there who encouraged us to move from the Tamarindo area (do not recommend it, too expensive, a tourist trap). The beach at Playas del Coco is dark, too many moored boats leaving behind oil and gasoline. There are better beaches to visit  (but not out of this world though)ike Ocotal, Playa Hermosa and Playa Panama . The advantage of Playas del Coco vs other towns is that it offers several food stores, restaurants, business, and people. The other beaches look deserted compared to Coco. We lived in Playa Hermosa for a year but moved back to Coco.We now live in the Central Valley area, in Palmares, a quite, cute town, 30 mins from the airport, one hour from San Jose. We love it, and will probably never go back to live in a beach town, too hot for me, although in Coco we could have the ac running all day without worrying about the bill.
Vista Turquesa's owner is Jerry Whittington:[email protected]  506-88898542, the administrator is Elmer:506-8509-0678; another friend is Todd, a Canadian, he has a couple of condos, two blocks from the beach:506-26512203, or you can ask Mari Brenes, she lives in Vista Turquesa, a realtor, Cell: 011(506) 8352-9923
Office: 011(506) 2670-0400
US/CANADA: (917) 460-2855
Email: [email protected]
www.palmrealestatecr.com
I hope it helps.

You may also want to contact Serena Suites in Playa Del Coco.

Thank you everyone! I just returned from a visit to Playa Coco and rented a condo for when I move down permenantly. I has to choose an area where my Mother, 74, and me, 51, csn find people in common. Think I found it ;)