Processing time for job permit and visa for MSC employer

Hi folks,

I am just reviving this discussion to bring to your attention the requirements for certified documents when applying for Dependent Passes

The ESD Guide (P.24) says:

Document  Required

- Recent passport photo

- Copy of passport (full booklet with cover)

- Copy of marriage certificate (for legal spouse) translated* into English (if applicable) and attested / Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate
General of  respective country OR respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in Malaysia

- Copy of Birth Certificate (for children below 18 years old) translated* into English
(if applicable) and attested / Certified True Copy (CTC) by the Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General of respective country OR respective Embassy/High Commission/Consulate General in Malaysia

- Other documents specified upon request

*Translation must be done either by the Respective Embassy/ High Commission/ Consulate General or Institut Terjemahan Buku

It is therefore quite important to check with your embassy / high commission etc. to see what services they can provide once you are in Malaysia.

Often it's only possible to get the attestations done in a reasonable time frame by doing them before departing from your home country.

https://esd.imi.gov.my/portal/pdf/TC-ES … r-2017.pdf

Just one more thing to think about......

Also check about what you need to do to be able to use (or exchange) your driving licence in Malaysia. Attestation of foreign licences is usually required.

Just an update for the forum. I was informed yesterday by the HR of the company that they received the support leter from the CIDB and have submitted all the docs to ESD. So far timelines have been approx 1 week to get position placed on the ESD website, 1 week to obtain the lerrter of approval from the Authorising Agency (CIDB) and indications from the HR are (bar no complictions) the EP approval should take another week.

It's Chinese New Year holiday now so do expect a slight delay.  Note the endorsement of documents referred to above if you are going to have dependents join you in Malaysia.

Thanks HR did indicate the Chinese New Year holiday may cause a slight delay. Noted, all documents were CTC by the Malaysian embassy in SA and sent through, they applied for the dependant pass at the same time as the EP.

Got my visa today!! :) Thanks to Gravitas and the expat group members for their help.

@ Gravitas,

Just another update and query, I received confirmation today that my EP and dependant pass has been approved. the HR sent me all of the approval letters. They also sent me the DP11 and DP11A letters, I am not sure if there is an action on my side with regards to the latter letters?

regards