Questions about Malta

Hello fellow expats,

I tried to read the forums, so therefor

Job/salary:

It is most likely I will get an offer of around 30k (gross) salary. Is there any good formula for calculating net salary? I have found http://maltasalarycalculator.com/ is this a good indicator? And is this sufficient? I know the last question is very relative, but I would like to save a portion of my salary and I am trying to get a better idea what might be leftover after all expenses are taken care off:

Rent;

To my understanding renting cost around 750Euro/Monthly   utilities for single bedroom apartment, however, I would assume 2 bedroom might be a better deal. Is there a good website for looking for roommates or something along those lines?

Other expensive:

Groceries cost are around 400Euro a month? Does this figure bears any truth?

Other tips:

Any other tips are welcomed,

About myself:

EU citizen, financial work of line, early 30's

Thank you in advance,

I can't access that calculator at this moment for some reason (I think it's me, not the site), but this is relatively accurate for me and updated with 2018 budget apparently:

http://maltasalary.com

The 750 euro a month for 1 bedroom really depends on where you want to live. If you insist on living in the Sliema/St Julians type area, that's about right, but you could get cheaper elsewhere. You could probably share a 2 bedroom flat for 400 each. You could maybe get your own 1 bedroom flat for 500 a month if you were willing to travel.

400 euro a month for groceries I think is pretty high and obviously depends on what you are eating. That's probably what I spend with my wife, so as a general rule, I would halve that.

I would suggest, if you haven't already, coming to Malta first and checking out some apartments and supermarkets.

First of all, Thank you for the comments.

I just found out that I will be working around the Birkirkara By-pass and was suggested looking for an area in the University area.

Any suggestions on the neighborhoods around that area? Since I would rather walk/bus to work ?

Once again thank you, cant wait to get to Malta and get some Vitamin D :)