Visiting Luperon for 2 weeks

Hi everyone my wife and I are flying into POP and going to Luperon to stay for a couple of weeks in February. What documents will we need for customs?  We have been thinking of moving to the DR for retirement. We are sailors and someone recommended this area due to it being a natural hurricane hole. We are not the tourist resort types but would like to get to know the local vibe. If anyone has suggestions of places to go, things to do or warnings on places not to go. We would love to hear from you. If there is a previous thread I can look up let me know.

You need your passport honey and your tourist card - if not included in your flight its US 10 at the airport.  NO big deal at all.

Enjoy your stay. We have a couple members here who lived in Luperon. It is quite stunning and has an active boating community!

Yep passport and tourist card.
It is one of the biggest hurricane holes in the Caribbean,

Bob K

And a lot larger than Salt River on St Croix.  And easier to enter, Salt River has a double dog leg to get inside. I know, I kept my boat there. It survived Hurricane Hugo.

Thank you for the info. Hoping to find out where we should explore and go in the area to get a feel for life in the DR.

Good luck in your explorations.

Bob K