School and accommodation inSingapore

I am planning to move to Singapore in May-2011 on job. I would like to know the following as priority.

1. My son is presently studying in Standard-9 (14+ years old) of CBSE curriculum in Faridabad, India. Would you provide me with the best CBSE schools in Singapore, where I can get my son admitted in May-2011 for 2011-12 academic session.
2. I will be looking for 2-3 bed room house/flat in a good locality in Singapore, possibly near school although my office will be in Alexandra Road

Thanks,
Debabrata (Deb)

Welcome on Expat.com Deb ;)

For your accommodation, you can also check the adverts on the: Accommodation in Singapore page. There might be some adverts which might interest you, else you can also post a customized advert on that same page.

Regards

Hi Deb,

A warm welcome on Expat.com!

Well, there are three Indian international schools in Singapore DPS, GIIS and NPS... each of these have CBSE/ICSE syllabus. Also, though the academic year has commenced there is no need to worry about the time of admission, except that your son would have to appear for screening tests, possibly in subjects like English, Maths and Science.

As Yud has suggested you might find an accomodation that suits your choice on the relevant pages. Again, the commuting distance won't be more than 10-15 minutes from Alexandra Road if you decide to admit your son in let's say GIIS @ Queenstown or DPS @ Little India. NPS, on the other hand might be about half an hour drive from the stated office location.

Look forward to welcoming you in Singapore :)

Cheers

Hi Yud and Sing,

Thank you for prompt response.

I understand DPS International doesn't provide CBSE curriculum. Would you pl. confirm or you can provide web address?

What is NPS- could you elaborate pl.?

Would you. pl. provide some insight on whether CBSE students from Singapore could appear on various Engg./Medical and other entrance tests conducted in India?

How (in terms of quality)is the engg./medical/higher studies in Singapore after Class-XII?

Thanks again.
Deb