Middle name on passport but not VoA letter

I recently received my letter of approval for a visa on arrival but it doesn't have my middle name on it and my passport does.

Before I contact the company I got the VoA from to redo it (and probably charge more money), is it even necessary?  All other information matches perfectly.

Point out the error and ask for the VOA to be re-issued without extra cost.

Yep, waiting on them to re-open in the morning.

I was just curious if it wouldn't be an issue in the airport.

In Vietnam you can never tell, because many officials use discepencies like this as an opportunity to demand 'tea money to fix the problem'. My motto is, "Never give them a chance to fleece you".

Great point.

I'll be making sure it's identical, thank you!

Vegetivita wrote:

Great point.

I'll be making sure it's identical, thank you!

:mad:  I have had them make me sign over and over again my full name (all 33 letters) in banks.  Had to talk my way thru immigration once because the VoA was missing the Jr. on my name, I explained as nicely as I could that Americans don't always use the Jr.  and I forgot to put it on the application.  He let me thru 'that time'   Good you're getting a new letter. 

One more tip  -  If you open a bank account keep the passport you opened it with.  even if it expires 10 years earlier, make sure you keep it or you won't be able to make any changes without jumping thru many hoops.  Luckily I kept my expired passport and was able to show it, but had to search high n low for it.  I then changed the pspt number on my bank account to the new one, but without the old one they wouldn't even talk about it.  Wonder what they would have done if I didn't have it?? :dumbom:

Best to get it right, officials here can be really anal.

My brother was contacted by his bank because money was deposited and the middle name was missing. Two hours later it was sorted. They originally rang him, knew it was his account and knew him personally.  He gave them all the transfer information, but the middle name was missing and it was outside the box and the staff didn't know what to do.

colinoscapee wrote:

Best to get it right, officials here can be really anal.

My brother was contacted by his bank because money was deposited and the middle name was missing. Two hours later it was sorted. They originally rang him, knew it was his account and knew him personally.  He gave them all the transfer information, but the middle name was missing and it was outside the box and the staff didn't know what to do.

Seconded.

Had some money transferred to me where my middle names were left off and they refused to process it, bounced it back and then it had to be redone.

As has been mentioned, don't give them chance.