Thailand, Vietnam or Cambodia

Hi Guys and girls! :)

How many of you have been in these other countries?
Which do you prefer taking in account the native people, traffic, Pollution, jobs for foreigners, money needed to live?

I would love to hear your stories! :)

All of my information is second hand. By far Thailand is the best of all three. Cambodia may be relaxed in terms of regulations and other things but the infrastructure is not well advanced. Vietnam has it's pluses and misses. The north isn't as advanced as the south is. The American G. I.'s must have taught the southerners a lot. There are beautiful beaches and areas in Vietnam. But there are changes in the horizon. The Chinese are becoming economically involved, in part by buying and developing real estate. There is some Russian influence and as I understand it they have taken over a community in Vietnam, commercially, and may have some future commercial interests. Speaking with a guy recently, they seem to have these "Communist" police. They present themselves as having ultimate authority over anything they seem fit to involve themselves, plus they are very corrupt. Thailand is not a complete paradise but seems to provide more stability of the three.

Thanks for the info Bill! :)

Any one else have more information? :)

I am in America now but have spent the past 10 years touring that area. I bought a pickup in Thailand 10 years ago and ran the wheels off of it.

Thailand has the best food and comforts for me. So many tourists that it is geared for comfort compared to Cambodia and Vietnam. Especially when you get out in the sticks.

Cambodia is ok, I drive from Thailand to Sim Reap. Then on to other places. Food sucks IMO, not as developed as Thailand but not bad. Very reasonable.

Vietnamis ok also, I have only been to Hanoi, then toured Halong bay, Sapa area then threw the interior to the Chinese border. Rented a motorcycle and toured the border area then back to Hanoi. I got tired of being ripped off in Vietnam. Extremely bad! That was about 7 years ago so maybe has changed.

Malaysia is the best food I have eaten in Asia hands down. If you get a chance head to Georgetown and hit the restaurants in the area... yummmmmy..

Best of luck, I am heading back in a couple of weeks to tour more remote locations.

www.thisoldcamera.com

Thank you for your feedback garyknrd. :)