Schools

Hi, my partner and I are planning to move to Barcelona in July but we want to find a good school for our 3 children that are 3, 7 and 8.
We havent decided on a place to move yet, we do have preferences but to be honest we would go wherever the best school is.
Does anybody have any recommendations? And do we have to wait until we get to Barcelona to registar them into the school or can we do it from here?

Hi and welcome on the forum RhiRhi :)

I hope other members will respond to your post with some school recommendtions soon ;)

Good luck
Armand

Hola,

We made the move here 6 weeks ago, although feels like months ago now.

Its amazing place to live. But the school system is tough to be honest. There is a lot of paper work and a lot of waiting. The places for September have already been placed. We were lucky as the nearest school to us (first choice) had a student leave and had a place for out nearly 5 year old to start straight away. We have been told by locals we have met we were extremely lucky though.

Just be prepared for the paper work and to get used to the barca way of doing things.... it all takes time....mañana

Oh no :( That doesnt sound very good.
I really want to be out of England by July and was hoping I could have ther school sorted out for them by the time we left. Do you recommend just going there then and trying to find one when we get there?
I would rather they didnt start another school year here.
All in all how are you finding it, and does your 5 year old like it?