Can my husband work in Netherlands with Belgian visa

Hello everyone.

I have moved to Belgium with a long term work permit visa and my husband is here with a dependent visa. We are from India. He got a job opportunity in Netherlands. Can he work in Netherlands because his visa is for Belgium? Can work permit be processed in Netherlands while he live in Belgium (close to Netherlands) with me.

Please let me know.

Hi and welcome to the Forum. :)

Yes, your husband can work in the Netherlands while living in Belgium; this link explains the process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for this. It really made many questions clear :)

I have another doubt - Is it mandatory that the Work Permit must be processed by ONLY employer or can he get it processed through an agency as well.

Please let me know.

MounikaVemula1991 wrote:

Thanks a lot for this. It really made many questions clear :)

I have another doubt - Is it mandatory that the Work Permit must be processed by ONLY employer or can he get it processed through an agency as well.

Please let me know.

That's what the website is saying; it's aimed at preventing somebody from outside the country, taking a job that could be done by somebody living in Holland.  If your husbands' job is via an agency, then you need to ask them if they are going to apply to UWV for his permit.

Seems like they will.

Thanks again for getting back with the info :)
Have a nice weekend.

Visa? Tourist visa are not for working,, Belgium's workings visas are to work in Belgium, with Belgium passport yes you can.

e2g1216 wrote:

Visa? Tourist visa are not for working,, Belgium's workings visas are to work in Belgium, with Belgium passport yes you can.

Who said anything about a Tourist visa :/

FYI you don't need a Belgium passport to work in the country.