Discount furniture places? Amazon prime can't deliver

Ok, so I guess I'm so used to going on Amazon, Overstock, Wayfair or even Walmart for those amazing deals on shippable furniture and larger household items. Amazon prime is amazing with their free shipping! But alas, I'm at a loss - I'm trying to order outdoor patio furniture without spending an arm and leg retail, and they're all coming up "not able to ship to your area". :( Anybody know any great discounted places in Puerto Rico for outdoor patio furniture?

Not sure if this will help, but when I was living in PR, I had the same issues with ordering different items. I wound up calling the customer service department and informing them that PR is part of the US Zip code system. Many weren't aware believe it or not, and I was able to get several companies to alter their shipping policy. It's a long shot, but may be worth a try.

There are several warehouses and great patio furniture places on the island.  many are in Carolina:  Rooms to Go, Berrios, Ashley, Patio Gallery Outlet ( in Guaynabo) , Koper outlet, Furniture Warehouse, even Marshalls has good patio furniture.  If you want to spend money, go over to Roosevelt Avenue in the Caprara area... very high end stuff.   just google them up for directions.

There is a large store in Guaynabo called Aliss not far off  of highway 20 that has an entire 2nd floor dedicated to patio furniture at very reasonable prices.

Wow! That's cool!
Thanks for putting that in place. Any places that would help me?

AWESOME HELP. Thank you very much on naming the places specifically to go!

There is this Facebook group where people are selling their stuff. Lots of stuff posted every day. Se Vende Si o Si

Hope Depot sometimes has nice sales as well as Walmart.

Hi Becky and All,

Good News for wayfair shoppers..

I've got a direct contact number for a young lady at wayfair who will manually push any order through for Puerto Rico that won't go through on the website..

Mandy at 801-379-7069..

I had previously ordered a number of things through wayfair right on the website. There were extra shipping charges, but the order would go through.

Then a short time ago, just about anything I tried to order wouldn't go through.

So made a call and spoke with Mandy and she said to just give her call and she would push any order through for PR..

Yeah, I've ordered a number of the things through amazon. Sometimes I would get the item, but then if I went back to order again, got the message the item would no longer ship to PR.

It's like I was the last person in PR to get it.

I've found if the seller is not amazon themselves, try to make contact with them and see if they will do something to get around the initial message that the item won't ship.

Many times the seller can work something out to make the shipment..

Good Luck..!

There is an Alyss store in Ponce as well!

Barrios, Ashley, Rooms to go, All kinds of discount outlets. Marshalls/Home Goods, Furniture Warehouse is closed i believe.   Costco, Koper, Tartak , Bassett, Sears and of course IKEA.

Home Goods and Costco are great. AND, surprisingly, the stuff at Costco costs the same as it does stateside.

FYI: IKEA is a catalog showroom only. You can order from IKEA, but you have to come back in a few days to pick up your order after it is sent from the warehouse to the showroom for pickup.

Don't forget you have to pay the IVU, so it will cost a bit more with the tax.

Thanks guys...I guess I'll just throw a mattress on the floor and try to find someone that can make me a wood platform bed with free edges on headboard. Surely somebody is making furniture locally?
We finally got a closing date..yippee. 25th June. Fajardo here I come.

There is a consignmemt shop in san juan called the pickup place

Jeanene wrote:

Thanks guys...I guess I'll just throw a mattress on the floor and try to find someone that can make me a wood platform bed with free edges on headboard. Surely somebody is making furniture locally?
We finally got a closing date..yippee. 25th June. Fajardo here I come.

Glad you will be in the island soon. You will need a pickup truck or moving truck to get a lot of the items no mater where you buy. Delivery is not usually free in PR.