Spanish taxes

I purchased my Spanish home in Jan 2015 and gave the estate agent power of attorney to arrange everything on my behalf but I'm unsure whether I need to pay Non Residency Tax on top of all the other deductions that are taken from my Sabadell account.
How many Spanish Taxes are there and what are they called? Can anyone list what I should cross off on my statement just to make sure I'm not going to receive a hefty bill one day

You do not say you are non resident but imply you are.

If so then you must pay imputed tax (often called second home tax) on all property you own in Spain, using a from 210.

see:-   (https://www.agenciatributaria.gob.es/AE … GF00.shtml)

The tax is due in the year following that when  it is incurred.

So in normal circumstances: 
                                                             You bought in 2015, so in 2016 you should have paid the tax on a form 210 before 31.12.16

Similarly taxes for 2016 in 2017, and  for 2017 that must be paid before31st December  2018.

There are of course town hall taxes, similar to say UK.   

You should also supply a Certificate of Non Residence every two years if you have a bank account in Spain.  Your bank may do that for you for a small fee.

Hi 20kiki

You have to file tax form 210 on an income that it is not real but estimated. I used to hire an accountant to do this every year for me, but I found an app that alllows me to do it on my own. Not rocket science indeed, quite easy. 

I saw an adv on euro weekly. It is something new so I was waiting for someone to comment on it, but when I downloaded it I realized how easy it is to use so I did it. I compared the taxes with the amount I used to pay and they were quite similar, so I went ahead.

I was a bit concerned about using an app to pay my taxes but the cost was really cheap, just €60 for me and my wife, and I got my copy of the tax form directly downloaded from the tax office website, so it must be true.

I hope someone else take the chance and share the experience, for good or bad.

I do not what the app you speak of is, but the link I showed on my post takes one to the tax office web page which explains what one needs to do and the online forms are there too.

NB. The tax is not estimated but calculated using factual criteria

Also:   The tax is not new, if that was what you meant in your post.    I first paid it in 1983 when I bought my first property, but it was in existence since  before that

Prior to becoming tax resident, I completed the payment forms for myself.  In more recently years I have helped friends to do it and have been submitting the forms for my son and his wife who are not tax residents but who have two properties here.

Each owner requires their own 210 for  each taxable property.  Thus for my son and his wife I complete  a total of Four forms, for two jointly owned properties

incidentially, tax residents who own any property, in addition to their principle home in spain, anywhere in the world, including spain, must also pay that tax on any and all properties when they make their annual tax declaration.  I have paid imputed tax on a property my wife owns in Asia and on a lock-up garage I own in spain

Hi John,

Sorry I forgot to mention the name of the app. Simpletax. But it is only for non-residents.

I ment the app is new, not the tax.

I have been filing my taxes with an accountant for several years, till this year that I did it on my own.

I tried once with the official website but it is a complete puzzle for me. 

I downloaded the app on my iphone. Just added some info about me and my wife and the house, and in a few minutes it was done.

No hassle, no intermediary. I normally paid my taxes after summer when I contact my accountant, to whom I am grateful for all these years but it caused me stress. Now, with the app, it is already done.

They have a website, www.simpletax.es

M. Foster wrote:

Hi John,

Sorry I forgot to mention the name of the app. .......... but it is only for non-residents.

Tax residents do not submit forms 210.   They only apply to non residents

As I posted:  on the government tax web page all is explained In Simple english and the return can be done online at that web page and either paid on line or printed off and paid at one's  bank.  There is no charge for that service

Thus there is no reason to pay for anything, including an app, to make the return. It can be done at anytime from 1st Jan until 31st December in the year following the liability.   However, as one needs to use the current catastral value,  it is probably better to wait until the IBI demand has been received so as to be able to ensure you have the right figure

I am not trying to convince anyone. It is my personal experience.

If you can manage with the website that's great. But luckily I found an alternative that for me is worth paying for. Easy and everything is on my phone now.

By the way, the app is free. I have paid only when I decided to submit the taxes.

M. Foster wrote:

By the way, the app is free. I have paid only when I decided to submit the taxes.

So are you saying that in addition to paying the tax due, you also pay 60€ each time you submit the return ?  And would that be 120 if the property were joint owned ?

If so there is an online service which charges I believe 25 euros or maybe pounds to do just that

And in the area where I live several gestores charge no more that 50 €   for a 210 return. 

I have just made made my full tax resident annual tax declaration.  I paid a gestor 50€ for that,  and it included my 720 wealth return too which I made in March

So if one is inclined to need assistance.  Shop around

I concur pay a person who knows about the law.
Loose your phone and your data goes with it. It is law that the paperwork you submit has to be kept, for 5 years. How does this app preserve that data?

It is 29 € per person, so I paid 58 € for me and my wife.

I have a copy of the tax return in my computer, downloaded from the tax office website, so I can print it or store it wherever I want.

The data is not in the phone. I can log in even on the website.

It does not replace a lawyer at all. It is just an app to help you filing an specific tax return for non-residents.

As I said, it is another option for those who may prefer to do it on their own. If I need legal or tax assistance, I will go to a professional.

All I want to say is that it worked for me.

Hello. After submitting / paying for the IRNR through Simpletax , how exactly to get a copy of the tax return as a confirmation? And how long does it normally takes to get it paid? Also, is Simpletax for the property that is rented or not? Thanks.