Family joining visa - again

Hi all,

My family has been with me for two years in Oman. My wife and two children are in Indonesia right now and their visa expires tomorrow. I want to bring them back and my company tells me it is an entirely new application and we repeat the original process. This seems redundant to me as ROP have all the current information. Further more, I don't understand why I need to include company name, and stamp. The company is not bearing the cost of visa or airfare, so why would I need to do it? Can I not just apply with my own credentials? Surely there is a system in place which is faster and more convenient to bring my family home rather than start the entire process from scratch?
Thank you,

DavidWoelke

Hi Daveinoman,

Your angst is understandable. But the laws of the land are such.

For each and everything official, an expat employee has to route the request only through the sponosr / employer. Nothing can be done directly. That's how the system works.

Because to sponsored a family, as an expat, you cannot sponsor, you will need the company to do it. I guess if their visa is still valid, simply you can renew it instead of starting the new process. Remember that visa renewal can be done 60 days prior to its expiry date.

Thank you so much for the clear and prompt reply.

David

Another confusion I have is the ROP site which talks about late renewal of paying 50 rials per month for late renewals. Am I renewing late or am I getting a new visa, thereby not incurring any late renewal charges?

Thanks so much
David

If your visa still valid up to these days, it's a renewing late (your company PRO can answer this in more details)

In my view, even if they are a little late and you have to pay fine, its easier that way . Starting a new process to avoid late fine may result in endless loops. You have to get medical done again, where as for renewal of family visa , your wife will not need to get the medical etc ....its a 2 minute thingie !

All the best

I thank you for your thoughts on this. I think so too but the company is not offering that option. They insist on a new visa. (sigh)

David

Can a employer/sponsor not process the spouse visa. For example if the employee is eligible for getting family visa through company.But when he applied through company and if it was not approved.Can the employee approach ministry of labour for not granting employees family joining visa.

Hi km.imran,

If an employee is eligible for family status and if the same is mentioned in the employee's employment contract at the time of joining, then the company has to abide by its stated agreement with its employee.

If the company goes back on its commitment, then the employee can file a case against the company with the Ministry of Manpower for not fulfilling its commitment.

The Ministry or the government has no say in granting family status to any expatriate's family members. And there is no question of the family joining visas getting rejected - unless there are any problems found with the evidence documents submitted, or there are any medical issues involved.

Hi there, I just wanted to ask, do we need house contract to apply for family visa? Its not mentioned as one of the requirements on ROP website. I have an option of sharing villa with another family, in which case I ll not be able to have contract in my name.

hello Mr.Sumitran,ive been seeing all your post answer and reading it,i have some quiry to ask too we r going to oman for family joing visa i have all d papers ready too as per requirments needed my concern is my MC has typogaphical error which is mispelled it,LAZARO they type it LAZARD,im in d egde now too school started this term for 2 kids n we r already late to rectify this the agent says 10 w/dys to fix it, i apply for visa Do you think it will be done...or it will cause hold for me? i know d answer n worries within but i also needed someone to make me understand....pls reply anyone.

Hi burnok,

There is nothing to get hassled about. Simple typographical errors with the name's spellings are very common in Oman. Always along with the name, the passport number would be verified in tandem. If it matches then there is no problem.

However, once you go there and get your resident card, make sure your name is spelt correctly.

OMG....u r such a Amazing Person...i ever encountered in my life thank u so much taking time helping people like me who just ask help from nowhere, my husband applied today itself (company PRO) hearing your opinion make me breathed comfortably im so intense n pressured right now but d timing itself is quite hectic for now as i mentioned both my kids school is keep calling n asking when they will joining....but for sure i will send my MC for correction...thanks once again keeping my fingers cross that all our 3 visa should come out soon...