Residence permit, what documents??

Hello, Sorry if this has been asked already many times, but I really cannot understand what I need to be doing.
I came here in Romania in September to look for a house to buy, and I found it, in a couple weeks I will have the property deed for it. My problem is that I don't have any residence permit so I am living in my house and I don't have electricity and without the permit I can't get it.
If I have understood correctly, I need to buy health insurance and then go where?
I am an italian citizen living with my mom, she  has a pension and I can also do the own means permit, but I really don't know where to go or what to do.
Thanks a lot

You will not get a residence permit, as you are an EU citizen.  You must go to IGI in your area, with your house title, insurance proof as you mentioned, and a bank statement in Romania showing you have adequate money to live on. 

You will be issued a registration certificate, which allows you to reside here for up to 5 years.

info: http://igi.mai.gov.ro/en/content/citizens-eu-eea

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks a lot. for how long should I purchase insurance for? also, where is that I can buy this insurance, I only saw car insurance around. thanks

DreadedFear wrote:

Thanks a lot. for how long should I purchase insurance for? also, where is that I can buy this insurance, I only saw car insurance around. thanks

I think IGI will accept a proof that's valid for a month.  Though if you're staying here full time, you should consider getting a policy that lasts longer.   You can get medical insurance via insurance brokers, there are kiosks/offices and websites all over the place (asigurare sanatate) or you can get state health insurance.  There are other topics on the forum discussing this.

Hi,

In normality since you are an EU citizen, you could already have a european insurance card,  or u can do it back in italy. I did my registration last december. So if you get  a copy of this insurance card, open a bank account in romania, put some money in it and print a report of the account(the bank can print it for u), copy of your passport, download the form from The immigration dept and fill d details with the address of your house. Go to d department early in d morning and it will be ready to collect in the evening!

Thanks a lot, the EHIC sufficed.