Retiring in 2 yrs

New to this forum - I have many questions;

Intro - I'm currently in the US (SA Texas) - planning to retire in 2+ yrs. Looking for info - rent or buy house about 2600 sq ft of living space (incl. 2 car garage - not a carport). Thinking of Quezon City or Nuvali City (Sta. Rose Laguna) or Makati or near these area but cheaper and more secure.  Any feed
back and/or info that would help me find a place - thx

dniro

Tagaytay is the best place for retire,its better to buy a condo unit or house and lot if you are planing to stay for longtime then you can resale it if you want to go back to your country. .silang cavite is the nearest neighbor of tagaytay just 10mins drive going to tagaytay. .the said place is flood free,fresh air,good climate and a quite place. .it also 2hrs drive from manila and metro manila,less than 1hr drive going to batangas if you want to go to the beach and walking on the beach side,1hr drive going to laguna there have a mount makiling if you love hiking that is the better one,you can drop also in sta rosa nuvali,10mins drive if you like to hangout in tagaytay city there have a lots of bar,mall,tourist destination and even church and also pulis station nearby. .silang is cheaper than tagaytay,the land is range about 3000 pesos/sqm then you build your own house or you buy a land with house it cost 5000/sqm or depend to the materials they use and ofcoure the size and the style of the house. .

Ops i forgot to mention puerto galera in mindoro. .you can ride a boat from batangas port going to purto galera island,lots of foreigner in there many beaches and hotels. .the best safe and quite place is silang cavite than other parts of cavite and nearby places of cavite.

Thanks Kenward - I was also thinking of Tagaytay - some one mentioned the place but have no info on Tagaytay, know of any good realtor in Tagaytay?

Thanks for that Kenword, I was always wandering where is nice place to live in, I am at Concepcion Tarlac Province, very hot and vey humid here, and thinking to take a short holiday to Tagaytay, next month, have heard of the place but not seen it yet, my next adventure, do you know any nice place to stay there, i have 2 year old with me and Wife.

Nicdniro wrote:

New to this forum - I have many questions;

Intro - I'm currently in the US (SA Texas) - planning to retire in 2+ yrs. Looking for info - rent or buy house about 2600 sq ft of living space (incl. 2 car garage - not a carport). Thinking of Quezon City or Nuvali City (Sta. Rose Laguna) or Makati or near these area but cheaper and more secure.  Any feed
back and/or info that would help me find a place - thx

dniro

Please realize you cannot own land in the Philippines and can only own a condo in certain condo associations, none of which have two car garages, so you should plan to rent.  Rule of thumb is never buy real estate as an expat until you have lived in said community for at least a year.  What is your previous experience in the Philippines?