Au Pair Visa Interview - French Embassy in Philippines

Hello. I applied for an Au pair visa for France. The French Embassy in Makati called me today to schedule an interview. Are interviews natural? isn't it a sign of a possible refusal? what are the things they usually ask?? I got nervous when i receive the call. Pls give me an idea.

I assume you are applying for a tourist Visa?  If so, then the purpose of the interview is to convince the French Embassy here in Manila that you are not a flight risk!   In other words, you will need to convince  the interviewer that you will return to the Philippines on the date of your return air ticket. 
Best ammunition for you is to provide proof of previous out-of-country travel and better still if it was to a country like Australia or the USA which require Filipinos to have a visitor Visa.  Secondly, proof of continuing employment here in the Philippines and thirdly, strong family ties to the Philippines.  Owning property or a business here will also help. 
So if there are no major health issues, or hiccups in a criminal background check, or conflicting information on your visa application,  I assume you need not worry.     Good luck

Thank you for the info. Yes i heard about the tourist visa. But i applied for an Au pair visa. Do u have any idea what are the possible questions they ask?

I would imagine  that some of the requirements listed below need to be verified.  Example:  Have you provided  concrete reasons why you want to learn the French language?  Be sure your documentation is complete, simple things like your passport and the length of the validity.

1 Passport
To get the visa, Au Pairs need a valid passport and a copy to present at the appointment in the embassy.

2 Authorized contract
The participant should sign the contract with the Host Family. Both parties need to check if it clearly explains important points such as pocket money, working hours, insurance and free time. The contract must be approved by the DIRECCTE (Direction Régionale des Entreprises, de la Concurrence, de la Consommation, du Travail et de l'Emploi).

3 Visa application form
The participant has to complete the application form provided by the French embassy.

4 Clear criminal record
In some cases the Au Pair will need to present a clear criminal record during the appointment at the embassy. The participant can request this document at the local police.

5 High School certificate
To become an Au Pair in France, candidates need to present their high school diploma or equivalent.

6 Health insurance
Participants from Non European Union countries must have a private health insurance valid in France. Make the proper arrangements with the family who normally covers these costs.

7 Motivation letter
With this letter the participant should answer the question: “Why do you want to learn French?”, and explain why it is so important to her/him.

8 Language course
The Au Pair will need to provide a confirmation of enrollment in a French language course for at least three months.

AuPair.com recommends to contact the embassy or the consulate and discuss all the details with the authorities before the application.

What else?
The Host Family must register their Au Pair at the foreign office in order to get the residence permit as quickly as possible. They will also have to register the participant with the Social Security.
Since the visa is not a work permit, the participant is not allowed to work outside the family.
In some cases the participant will need to prove that she/he can cover the visa and travel expenses.
After the appointment the Au Pair might need to wait a couple of weeks for the visa to be approved.

Hi, I am currently on the process of getting all needed documents for my au pair visa application. I didn't know there's an interview for the au pair visa. How was it?

Interviews with embassy personal are usually much more relaxed than one would first imagine.  Generally, there is no worry or concern here unless you have submitted some dubious documentation in your application.   They may need to also see that you are not a robot or possibly an impersonator.   
I do not think you need to give  second thought ...

Great! Thanks 😀

Hi! A filipino here living in amsterdam for a visit visa for 90days only. Maybe anyone here could help me or any ideas that could help us also. Here is the story goes, i am a visit visa here in amsterdam and i found a host family who wants me to be their aupair but they are from france. So now we are looking out the solution how to process aupair visa for me in france without returning back home in philippines or i mean is it possible for me to process aupair visa without returning back home? If its yes. We need help how to do it. Your help will be highly appreciated.
Thanks!

Hi i saw your post here and i thought of asking you if already submitted your documents at the embassy for your aupair visa? How was it? I am also planning to be an aupair in france. I would be glad hearing from you :)