Citizenship question

Hello, my name is Nick and I am a Romanian working and living in the UK for the past 4 years straight without leaving the country in all this time...

I need your professional advice on this one as I read a lot online and nothing provides with a real answer.

I want to get citizenship and I am aware (as far as I read online) of the '450 days of absence' rule in the first 5 years in order to apply for citizenship but....

I got a very good contract position in Ireland for 6 months which I would not like to miss so... I don't know how this works with regards to me applying for UK citizenship in the future.

I never left The UK in 4 years and if I spend 6 months straight at once in Ireland and then come back and carry on my life in the UK, will those 6 months outside the UK affect me when it comes to applying for citizenship in order to get the UK passport?

Can I spend more than 3 months at once outside the UK in one year in order to qualify for citizenship after 5 years? This is my questions. I know in the last year prior to applying you can spend no more than 90 days... How does this work??

Thank you very much,
Nick

Nick,

You asked the same question 2 weeks ago. All I can say is contact the Uk immigration office, they will be the best people to answer this. Or ask in the England Forum.

Hello, this is about the 450 days of absence rule. I did not ask about this back then. I want to know if I can leave the UK for 6 month in one go and come back and still be eligible for UK citizenship considering the time spent here so far without going outside.

Thank you,
Nick

Epsilonn wrote:

Hello, this is about the 450 days of absence rule. I did not ask about this back then. I want to know if I can leave the UK for 6 month in one go and come back and still be eligible for UK citizenship considering the time spent here so far without going outside.

Thank you,
Nick

Apologies,

But it really would be best to ask to ask on the England Forum when it's regarding the UK.

Thank you for your help, I did that and I am waiting for an answer there.

All the best,
Nick