Justice of the Peace or Commissioner of Oaths in Al Ain

Hello,

My name is Leo.  I am a New Zealand citizen, and need to renew my teaching license in NZ.  I am currently living in Al Ain.

Does anyone have contact details for a Judge, Justice of the Peace, Commission of Oath Commonwealth Representative (Ambassador/High Commission) or any person authorized by law in the UAE to administer an oath?

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Leo

Hi,

I am also looking to register with the NZ teaching council.  Did you manage to find out how to get the proof of identity form verified?

I am in Abu Dhabi, but not sure who to go to to get this signed.

Any help is appreciated!

This is an old thread and the original poster has not been active for a year.

For most verification's, the route that is generally followed in this part of the world is:

- Private documents such as proof of identity, birth certificates etc - lawyers or accredited professionals such as accountants / financial advisers or by respective embassies
- Most commercial documents - Private notaries (as an example, see link below):
http://www.tamimi.com/wp-content/upload … nglish.pdf
- Other documents like sworn oaths - By notary public at the courts

You have to check with your institute as to what form of proof is acceptable for them.  Just be aware that government notary public, at times, will refuse to attest most documents which are personal in nature.

As an example, being an accountant, I have confirmed on passport renewal / European bank account opening applications for some of my European friends a few years ago and those were accepted.   Similarly, I have gotten proof of identity attested from a law firm in Dubai for an overseas matter and that was accepted too.