Swimming Pool in Thailand

We bought a small house in Khon Khaen back in 2010 that has a swimming pool. We're happy with it. We just chlorinate and balance the pool, and do the rest of swimming pool maintenance. We have replaced the old pump with a new one from PoolMasters and it was a great deal. No problems with regards to pool equipments and supplies really, as PoolMasters have always been helpful and very accommodating. This year we are planning to remodel it. To anyone who owns a pool here, any suggestions on a better alternative to tiles? Also, do we need to do some paperwork and get a permit for a mere swimming pool remodel? Grateful for the ideas and personal experiences. Cheers.

Check this out
www.thailand-all.com

Speaking lightly as an uneducated person, if you ask a government agency if there is a need for a permit they will tell you yes and then tell you what you did wrong and how you are going to fix it.

eastcoast816 wrote:

Also, do we need to do some paperwork and get a permit for a mere swimming pool remodel? Grateful for the ideas and personal experiences. Cheers.

Backing up Bill's remark, do you really need a permit for a swimming pool remodel?

I suggest you coordinate with the local administration. Given that it's just for a remodel, it should be easier compared to a full pool construction. Yes, Pool Master is actually a first-rate swimming pool equipment supplier in Thailand. I often come across their name associated with the pools of the big hotels in Bangkok. I do assume that the local administration will require you to obtain a permit, which may also entail a fee, but best to check.