Close

algerian visiting uk

hi, I need help!!!
I been talking for a while with an Algerian man on internet he is very nice and we plan to see each other. I don't really want to go Algeria and I would prefer him to come here. until now we are just friends and it can end up with marriage.
I want him to apply for tourist visa ,but I read on internet I can give him an invitation letter for him to let him visit me.
anyone knows the procedures about this invitation letter? who I have to contact about this, i would appreciate if Algerians or European citizens
I want to mention am Romanian citizen ,but am in uk for 6 years now.

Hi and welcome to the Forum.

Assuming you are legally resident in the UK.  He will still need to apply for a visa, the invitation letter is intended to help formalise that application; it is not an alternative.  This link will take you to a web-based example of such a letter.

Be careful; if the immigration authorities think he is likely to stay longer than his visa, he will be rejected.  Boyfriends visiting girlfriends are very high up the list of those most likely to overstay.

You also need to consider the potential effects that Brexit will have on his future status in the UK; your status as an EU citizen seems to have been settled, but non-EU citizens may well find it very difficult to live/remain in the UK unless they have desirable skills.

thanks for ur reply
So u reckon that will be hard for him to get if I send him just a simple letter for him to visit me ?
I have in uk residence permit so English citizen am eligible to apply for in 2019. I do believe my income is enough to show I can support him when he will be on holiday here, do u think I should contact Algerian embassy ?

I think that the letter idea will cause more problems than it helps.  The UK is being very restrictive with regards to non-EU immigration anywhere in the UK.  The easiest way for him to enter would be as a skilled worker; where he finds a job in his own right and his future employer sponsors his work visa.  What skill-set does he have?

Because you don't have any formal family relationship (i.e. wife or partner) with this man, the income limit is largely irrelevant because you can't sponsor him; I can almost guarantee that the Border Force will send him back.

Why would you wish to contact the Algerian Embassy?  They can't help him enter the UK.

Other options; consider either you going to Algeria to meet him or assuming they may be more flexible, moving back to Romania for a few weeks?

One other word of warning; this Forum is littered with stories of women who have been taken in by Algerian men who are looking for a free ticket into the EU, who then are never seen again once they have the all-important visa.  Please be careful.

Hope this helps.

Cynic
Expat Team

I can second in what Cynic has said. It does seem to be a case each month regarding problems with men trying to enter Europe from Egypt and countries alike. I don't want to sound like a killjoy but tread with caution. Don't get me wrong true love can be found and I am not suggesting in any way that your man is a crook.

Have you met the gentleman or have you just chatted on the internet? Don't rush things meet up a few times first, if he is genuine he will understand.

Just to finish, I know the UK like a lot of other countries in the EU are being tough and strict on issuing visas. If you declare him being your boyfriend they will request, chat logs, photos of you together. If you can not show that. I am nearly 100% sure that he will be denied entry.

he works as a policeman in Algeria ,he do have an income and some savings.
so for him working that there special now no European country or uk will give him any job ,u know how paranoid are at the moment.
I mean if I call Algerian embassy would they really give straight forward information.
until April unfortunately I do not have any holiday from my work so cant really go anywhere at the moment.
Thanks for the warning, am totally aware of this too. But you know we cant live with this impression for the rest of our lives and sometimes if we don't take the risk we might never know what we lost.

SimCityAT :

I can second in what Cynic has said. It does seem to be a case each month regarding problems with men trying to enter Europe from Egypt and countries alike. I don't want to sound like a killjoy but tread with caution. Don't get me wrong true love can be found and I am not suggesting in any way that your man is a crook.

Have you met the gentleman or have you just chatted on the internet? Don't rush things meet up a few times first, if he is genuine he will understand.

Just to finish, I know the UK like a lot of other countries in the EU are being tough and strict on issuing visas. If you declare him being your boyfriend they will request, chat logs, photos of you together. If you can not show that. I am nearly 100% sure that he will be denied entry.

yeah been thinking of all this scams too, but he seems good and his family,we only chat on internet.

Contacting the Algerian Embassy will be a waste of time as they will just say they can not help.

You can look up information on Tourist Visas HERE.

I hope that might be of help to you.

taiba91 :

he works as a policeman in Algeria ,he do have an income and some savings.
so for him working that there special now no European country or uk will give him any job ,u know how paranoid are at the moment.
I mean if I call Algerian embassy would they really give straight forward information.

Then perhaps therein lies the solution; he has a good job in Algeria and is unlikely to achieve that in the UK; if your future is together, then perhaps it is in Algeria (although I have no idea how easy it is for a Romanian woman to emigrate there).  Whatever, everything has to be considered because it is only after you have all the information that the best decision can be made.

The Algerian Embassy will not disclose any information to anybody.

I wish you the best of luck for your future. :)

Hi Taiba, I hope you are well. An invitation letter is exactly that. You send him an invitation outlining your details, his details, how long you are inviting him for and that you will take care of his accommodation etc.....

Regards,

Zoubir.

For start don't get your expectations to high...you haven't even met a person in real life and you considering marriage, you sound naive considering that with an invitation let you can get someone a tourist visa.
I visited Algeria last August, I met a guy in london a year ago we kept in touch and I went to see him and Algiers. He is young and his parents are wealthy so it was good for me as sometimes in poorer countries you end up paying for both, the dinners and drinks and taxis.. but that wasn't an issue for as luckily, most population in Algeria is quite poor, so you have to make sure that any person you meet CAN AFFORD HIMSELF. My friend had a car and we were paying for each other's expenses which was fair...so he's family is wealthy but it was still difficult for him to get a visa for UK or rest of Europe.. They have to show their bank accounts and how they will support themselves... most wealthy people in these countries they don't put their money in their bank.... So it would be a family process for him... what I wanna say is that the man you chatting CAN SUPPORT HIMSELF, what is his job? How much money he makes? Their jobs in Algeria don't pay well at all... If that's ok then there will be no problem with Visa, if UK visa is difficult meet in France, is easier for them to get a French visa. There are lots of nice cities in south of France... that will be fair for both of you.. or ask him to get Visa for Rumania.. Algerians don't need visa for Tunisia and Morocco, so these are potential trips for you too, BUT don't go alone, visit with another friend or family member..
don't get too emotional with strangers and get to great lengths to accommodate their needs before meeting them in person...
Also Algerianns, Moroccans,Egyptians and some other cultures they have the tendency to ask...to give them something in return..so be careful..
finally is too early for you to visit Algeria...

Something that i forgot, since you mentioned marriage you have to understand that these cultures and men are strict and religious... especially if he's a policeman? Make sure he doesn't wants you to wear hijab and when you go to the beach you don't wear bourkini, yes the beaches there were full with women on bourkinis...the streets with mainly men and women on hiding.. please make sure that your cultures and ideas of how a woman should be in society and in the house and outside house should be.. also ask him to show you his work ID and uniform(not in a suspicious way).. just to clarify he says the truth, also to send you some selfies while at work or have a live chat..
if you decide to visit Algiers I can give you some tips and suggest a nice AIRBNB..

He isn't wealthy if he works as a police officer or if he has a job, full stop.

If his parents were wealthy, he would not need a government sector job.

As you are an EU citizen living in the UK, he would be able to move to the UK and get a tourist visa to be reunited with you once you get married, but I guarantee you that he is a poor peasant who is just trying to get into the UK and you may never see him again once he is here

North Africans are notorious for being able to chat up women on holiday at the beach, or online in order to lure them into a false relationship of convenience for the purposes of immigration

If you are hellbent on marrying or being in a romantic relationship with a North African, then I highly recommend that you find someone who grew up and was cultured in the west and has the same or better immigration opportunities than you do