EP Status Pending

Congratulations Raj..

Thanks..  Is there anyone else who got their EP for just one year?

Most EPs must be renewed after one year.

Hello,

I am new here. I am waiting for the renewal of my EP (10yrs exp, 8k+ salary).
The renewal application was submitted on 14th may, let's see how long it takes to get an answer ;)

ps: My colleague got his renewed within 6 open days (in April).

finally my ep also got approved after 3 and half months :)

Hello Is that online application?why is too long?I think its only within 3 weeks. Thanks. I am waiting for my E pass also.

Results will come out within 3 weeks if there is no verification required or application is matching to MoM expectations.

Or else, it can take much longer time, such as if MOM needs additional information then MoM needs to liaise  with 3rd party vetting agency or submitted incomplete information or MoM needs rationale from the employer to hire a foreigner etc. Good luck

Okies. Thank you sir  for the information.

Its online application only but took this long for me.

yours is so exaggerated!

Hey guys,

My company applied my EP on 24th April and it's still pending. I have been working in Singapore for past 4 years.

All the documents submitted have already been verified in previous EP applications so no vetting needed.

Will update you guys about the outcome and how long does it take. I reckon there is no point in deliberating over this too much as nothing is in our hands.

BTW, thanks Surya2K for your answers in this this thread and others. Very helpful.

Cheers!!

Hi all

Here's my timeline:

New EP applied : 05 June 2018
Previous EP cancelled: 11 June 2018 & 30 days STVP issued
Status as of today (12 June) : Pending

Current trends seem to suggest no patterns but the minimum approval time appears to be 14 calendar days. Will keep you all updated as it happens

Additional data points:
This is my 6 EP application over 9 years of residing in Singapore.

Hi folks,

I am currently on EP and my current EP expires 20th July, 2018. I have got an offer and my EP was applied 8th May, my employer received a letter from MOM on 29th May asking for

1. Letter of justification why they would like to hire a foreigner instead of local
2. Copies of companies statements (Invoices, Contracts, etc)

These documents were submitted by the 6th June (Due date) and the status is still pending.

I had delayed the renewal of my current EP in a hope that the new EP will be issued soon. Will i now be able to renew my current EP, while the new EP is in process? And what happens if my current renewal takes longer than 20th July, should i get an extension to stay further here?

Thanks

Existing EP (incl. renewal) and new EP application are independent of each other.
If your employer (who must apply for EP renewal, not you!) applies too late, they can ask for a temporary renewal - but must give a good reason why they applied late.

Hi Beppi,

Thanks for the information

I will inform my current employer to apply for the renewal earliest.  I believe since renewal usually takes 3 weeks, the time is still right.

I am only worried about the worst case scenario where both the renewal & the new EP is pending, and my EP expires.

In that case, the temporary renewal can be requested for?

The employer can ask for a temporary renewal to cover the period until your EP renewal is decided on.
If that is not granted, you'd have to stop working temporarily.

That helps a lot, Thank you.

Keep continuing your good work. I saw you & surya were kind to reply to most of the posts.

Honestly it gives confidence seeing the replies when people are anxious due to the long waiting time.

I must say that the renewal process is faster than the first time application. Nevertheless, it's wise your employer should renew your EP two months prior to it's expiry.

In the event, when your existing EP renewal and new employer's EP application are pending at the last day of your EP validity (i.e. 20 July'18), you should leave Singapore on that day with your family (if they are holding DP). At any cost, never ever try to overstay here as it may cost you badly.

Good luck and hope it won't stretch that long.

surya2k wrote:

In the event, when your existing EP renewal and new employer's EP application are pending at the last day of your EP validity (i.e. 20 July'18), you should leave Singapore on that day with your family (if they are holding DP).

That won't be necessary: At EP expiry, you automatically get a 30-days-SVP, so you can continue staying in Singapore, just not working.

beppi wrote:
surya2k wrote:

In the event, when your existing EP renewal and new employer's EP application are pending at the last day of your EP validity (i.e. 20 July'18), you should leave Singapore on that day with your family (if they are holding DP).

That won't be necessary: At EP expiry, you automatically get a 30-days-SVP, so you can continue staying in Singapore, just not working.

Correct, I wrongly misinterpreted. Yes, he will get a 30 days tourist visa along with all DP holders. So, on 30th day if EP is still pending (both renewal and new EP approval) then they have to leave Singapore.

Thanks,

Unfortunately the new application was rejected and the renewal application is going to be initiated tomorrow.

Will the appeal / re-application of the EP have any impact on the renewal chances?

Also will my current employer know that i have a parallel EP application process happening? I would prefer them not knowing.

Kindly advise

Sn1990 wrote:

Will the appeal / re-application of the EP have any impact on the renewal chances?

No.

Sn1990 wrote:

Also will my current employer know that i have a parallel EP application process happening? I would prefer them not knowing.

They will see, as soon as they log into EPOnline, that there is another EP application ongoing for you (but not who applied - thus your new employer remains unknown).
There are employers which then decide not to renew your EP. But you cannot prevent that!

Fortunately while renewing the application today, there was no other parallel processing, so I was lucky in that aspect.

Regarding the rejected EP , MOM had given a statement that " Your company is not suitable to employ foreign comployees "

Because this was a company with less than 30 /25employees, I believe they were exempt from advertising in jobs bank.
I am aware , come July 2018 this has been reduced to less than 10 employees

How should the company now address the rejection ? What is the chance for the EP to be successful on re application ? Based on your experiences what can be done ??

Thanks

Oh, sorry: If your new EP is already rejected (and thus application closed), it is not shown to your current employer on EPOnline any more.
"Your company is not suitable to employ foreign eomployees" means they will not get any EP or other work pass application approved. You should look for another employer - don't waste time on an appeal!

Hi sir
          My EPass applied june1 but still pending.

Hi sir my Epass applied june 1 but still pending so can i get any chances for approval..

Your approval chances do not depend on the duration of processing.

Stlk wrote:

Hi sir my Epass applied june 1 but still pending so can i get any chances for approval..

It's difficult to say what would be the outcome without knowing anything about your educational background, work experiences, offered salary etc.

But, if you read various threads in this forum, you will come to know that it's not unusual to wait more than a month. It can take few weeks to 2 to 3 months. Have patience. Good luck

Ok sir thanks....

Just a piece of information to share,

My EP was applied on 6 th June 2018
My EP was approved on 18 th June 2018 (or earlier)

The position is Engineer in Aviation Aspect, master degree +10 years related exp.

This is my story i has selected one of the Reputed company in Singapore as a Software Developer on Jan-22-2018  and then several formalities done by the company then they told i should want to sign three years contract to company  then I agree with the company and sign the contract also they offered me an Employment Pass with the Salary range of SGD-4000$.They Applied My EP on 07-03-2018 and i  checked in EP-POL also it shows my Status is Pending.After Three Months gone EP Status gets  Rejected
on May  07-05-2018 Suddenly I asked my HR he said Advertisement error will came In your application.After he put a advertisement in JobsBank and i waited for 14-days then they go for Re-appeals still the days is 08-09-2018  the appeals shows pending only Anybody know the appeals takes how long time?  i Have no idea in that

Hello I am new here,
I am transferring from Dubai to Singapore with the same employer (a reputable oil & gas company). I have master in engineering +MBA and 8 years of work experience. My EP application was done on the 15th of August and still showing pending.
The job was properly advertised by the company before the submission, but do you see any other reason why it is taking so much time?
Does nationality impact the timing in any ways? Thank you!

If you read this thread, you can clearly see that it can take 2 weeks to 3 months (less than 2 weeks or more than 3 months are rare cases). There are several criteria to consider before MoM approves someone's EP. Good luck

Read this:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=773390

Hi Surya, Beppi:

Im new on this group..I would like to ask something with regards with my ep application. Im working here in singapore for 7yrs+ as a software engineer. I found a new opportunity offering me 6700per mnth. Now its almost 3weeks and status still pending..before my previous ep approved only in less than 1 week. Below is the timeline.

09/14 -application submitted
09/24 - mom request bank statement and payslip
10/04 - status still pending

I would like to check also submitting payslip and bank statement is normal? In my 7yrs working here i never exp submitting those document.and any idea when i will get the outcome of my application.

Thanks

Regarding when you will get the result, better read recent threads where we have discussed in details. It can take 2 weeks to 1 month in average.

Secondly, whom did you submit? Your new employer? If yes, then they can ask salary slips from last 4 months to verify your salary claims. But no employer asks about your bank statement.

MoM doesn't ask either of one, as they can get all the details from tax office. Good luck

Hi Surya,

Thanks for quick reply. Yes my new employer ask for payslip/bank statement they said they will submit to MOM as supporting docs.

Hope I will get the result soon.

Hi Surya,

Just keep you update i got my ep approval today. I takes 4weeks+

Many thanks for all advice.

Congrats! Good to hear. Welcome to Singapore.

Hi all, need your help

Recently i stayed in singapore for 1 month. Upon the expired of the social visit pass, i went out to JB to get the visa extended. However upon my coming back i was given on 7 days to stay in singapore and i got the ‘W' chop on my passport. Can i know is it possible for me to go back to singapore after 3 months of the incident? Will it affect my visa application?

Thanks for your help