Details about Kryvhi Rih

Hi Friends,
I am planning to move from Kolkata  India to Kryvhi Rih Ukraine with my family. I have 1.5 year old baby boy. I am pure vegetarian person (Jain community). At home we don't have onion, garlic, potato, brinjal, egg, meat, fish etc.
I have lot of thing in my for the place Kryvyi Rih. Please help me to get the information.
1. Indian food / Indian spices / Indian food raw material is avaialble ?
2. What about the medical facilties as I have small baby.
3. Is the place is secured for the family?
4. How the local public behaves with the expacts.
5. Any idea about the cost of living compared to India.
6. Is it a very big issue for the pure vegatarian person to live there?
7. My wife is a Mater of Science in Botany with Gold Medal. Also have the degree in the teaching from India (Bachlor of Education). Can she work in the school for the teaching English.

Please help me to get the answer to plan with my family.

Many thanks in advance.

Its not the best place.But like any Ukrainian city you will get used to it.Its a very long city but if you cope with the transport you will be ok

Thanks for reply. But I vl leave In kudashevo and company will provide me the car.
Rest what about the indian spices. Can I get in kryvyi

Doubtful

I would spend some more time in Kryvyi Rih before you actually move there. Do normal things, not just sightseeing. I say that, because when you live there, you won't go sightseeing everyday. But you will need to live a normal life. Visit the supermarket, go to the shopping centre. Find out what the area has to offer (or does not).

I spent a long time visiting Nikolaev and researching the city before I decided to buy an apartment and move there. I am not officially an expat yet; I'm in the process of getting visas, setting up a business etc. Actually, I've spent so much time there, I have reached my 90 day limit. But, I know what to expect. I love the city and everything that it has to offer. I actually love the limitations too.

I have generally found that alternative ethnic foods are very difficult to buy in Ukraine. In Nikolaev, even buying things to make Italian food is difficult. We have a lovely little shop called "Little Italy"; and that is the only place where you can buy good ingredients for Italian cooking. I have never seen anywhere that sells Indian ingredients. I have taken a few things from England, because I like to cook Indian food too.

Another reason you need to go to Kryvyi Rih is because you cannot rely purely on the internet. I have found that most shops do not have websites. However, social media is huge in Ukraine and things are often bought and sold via platforms such as Instagram.

So, my friend, I'd book some time off work and head over to Ukraine and find out what it is really all about! Good luck!!

Krivoy Rog has no airport so you will probably consider a car to come and go. Be aware that the roads into and around the city are in in terrible condition (potholes like bomb craters). I drove from Kiev to Krivoy Rog and back in 2009. The journey took a lot longer than expected because of the condition of the roads. If you get a car, make sure it's built like a tank!

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the reply.