Life in Riyadh

Hi,
Just looking for information for life in Riyadh. My husband is moving there soon for work and myself and three little girls plan to move in the summer. We are from Ireland and this is a huge move for us.
I would be grateful for any information and pros/cons to life there.
All information much appreciated
Thanks

Go through the forum, there's tonnes of information which has been shared already.

But if you have any specific requirements, do shoot your query here !!

Shellhagan wrote:

Hi,
Just looking for information for life in Riyadh. My husband is moving there soon for work and myself and three little girls plan to move in the summer. We are from Ireland and this is a huge move for us.
I would be grateful for any information and pros/cons to life there.
All information much appreciated
Thanks

Hi, what kind of information you need? lifestyle, expenses, living areas etc? can you please elaborate your query a bit more?

What is life like there esp with three children aged 6 and under?
For western women is life restrictive?
Any compounds anyone would recommend?
What is School like there for children?
Any info much appreciated.
Thank you!

Hi there,

Im from Czech and living in riyadh for 3 years now... about compounds i cant tell you nothing im living in “classic” saudi area as my husband is saudi... but about life for “european girl” i can say that it surprised me , its not that bad as media in europe showing trust me... you can go out alone with your kids without your husband, you dont need to wear even scarf (but better keep it with you around your neck or just in your bag) there are a lot to do with kids you just need to search and follow some good groups or bloggers, honestly I would recomend you to check Blue Abaya (blog,she is from finland living in saudi and showing and exploring saudi as nobody does), there are many tips where to go and what to do with kids a lot events which are planing in Riyadh and saudi in general... im sure that Ireland embassy has some comunity or some events and maybe even some schools or play time for kids bcs even Czech embassy has it... if you will live in compound it will be easier for you snd kids as in compund there are diffrent rules- no abaya required,swiming pools,walking,gym,and some activities for kids... but which compound exactly is good or the best i dont know...

Check out al Nakhla compound it's very expensive but very nice too