Cost of living

Hi Iam. Murale I am offered a salary of 1250 Omr is it a decent salary to start with I would like to know the cost of living for a family with, of four members

Hi Murale,

Whether the quoted number is good or not is up to the individual concerned.

There are expatriates who survive on R.O.125-a-month income; there are also expatriates who live on R.O. 12,5000-a-month and even more. So it is all subjective.

Besides with no other information provided, it is impossible to assess the actual implications of this salary.

Suffice to say, if housing is included in this package, then for a middle-class family of four it would be a hand-to-mouth existence.

Suggest you please read the numerous other informative posts which are available in the forum, to gather some essential information on the expected costs.

Thank you it includes accommodation package, so it is better to negotiate right

Hi Murale,

Double of what has been offered to you now is what you would need if you wish to live a little comfortably, and think as well of putting aside some money for the rainy day.

For a decent 1 Bedroom apartment in an ideal location, it costs around 400 - 500 OMR per month. For a family, to cater the day to day expenses of a month, requires 200 - 300 OMR and if your kids are school going, you have to consider another 80 - 120  for each kid as minimum (for a decent school).

Again its all depended on the individuals way of living as Mr. Sumitran rightly explained. There are families I know living on 600 - 800 OMR/month and even less.

Hi, Got an offer from PDO..
How is the location around PDO.
How much would a decent 1BHK furnished  cost?

That rental figure is incorrect. I live in a brand new 2 bedroom apartment in Bausher and pay OMR 350 a month.