Close

Playa Lagarto area

We are looking to find out any information anyone has on a development we purchased a hectare if land in back in 2005.. it was in Bahía De Lagarto. We cannot get any information from the corporation, seller or attorney there who we purchased from. Does anyone out there have any information on it? It is 1,400 acres.
Please email me at *** or thru this site. We would appreciate ANY information. Thank you, Melanie. We are from Calif., USA

Moderated by Christopher 2 weeks ago
Reason : For your own safety please avoid sharing your personal contact details on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Sounds like you have been had. Posting in Costa Rico forums may be an opton

Do you have the registration info/number to search at the National Registry? Possibly you could try to contact these forum members who are interested in this development in this area, for more info. Read these prior posts

have a friend that just closed on a house in Playa Lagarto area but I don't know if this is the same spot you're talking about.  There are quite a number of homes built according to her and the pictures she has sent to me.  And it is through Recap Investments.  You may want to try contacting Recap out of Toronto, Canada.

Is this some sort of joke?   You bought 1,400 acres of land near Playa Lagarto 13 years ago and have not checked on the land, done any follow-up work, or staked your claim, and no one that helped you then can be contacted?   If this isn't a joke post, you most certainly have been had.   

Many Ticos here (and Gringos as well) will look into your eyes and see dollar signs.  If I had a nickel for every tourist that got ripped off in this area, I'd be a millionaire.   I've already been robbed by my accountant and property manager here, and legally by my lawyer.  On the flip side, my doctor's been great.

My advice:   come here with as little money as possible (rent!), and guard it with your life.  I'm not joking one bit.

Motten :

We are looking to find out any information anyone has on a development we purchased a hectare if land in back in 2005.. it was in Bahía De Lagarto. We cannot get any information from the corporation, seller or attorney there who we purchased from. Does anyone out there have any information on it? It is 1,400 acres.
Please email me at *** or thru this site. We would appreciate ANY information. Thank you, Melanie. We are from Calif., USA

The OP is asking for info on the [u] ...1,400 acre development located in the Bahía De Lagarto, where they purchased 1 hct in 2005" and they have been unable to contact anyone who may have any info...

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon occurrence.

kohlerias :
Motten :

The OP is asking for info on the [u] ...1,400 acre development located in the Bahía De Lagarto, where they purchased 1 hct in 2005" and they have been unable to contact anyone who may have any info...

Unfortunately, this is not an uncommon occurrence.

Okay, I guess I didn't read it carefully enough.  The rest of my message stands, unfortunately.