Which area is better? Istanbul or Antalya?

Hello expats. Just arrived in Turkey. I am considering either to stay in Istanbul or Antalya. Does anyone have suggestion which area is nice in both states. For moderate cost of living. I have read some previous threads. Needed some fresh opinion. Thanks!

They are both entirely different cities geographically,  demographically and in most other aspects. You'll need to be specific with respect to your criteria.

I live in Antalya as a person who knows very well about both cities i would definetly recommend you to stay in Antalya.
Pros:
1-Affordable cost of living compared to Istanbul. You can find a luxuory flat for 1k Lira in good and elit location
2-Mostly sunny weather, we literally have 1 month of winter here
3-More open-minded people percentage here
4-Lower crime rate
5-Beautiful places to visit and beaches
6-Most of people knows English because its touristic city

Cons:
1-Less job opportunities

If you have more concerns and questions let me know.

Thank you so much for the suggestions. All the pro's you've mentions is great! May you suggest which area in Antalya? I have looked. Antalya is huge!  Some area start to catch up with terroristic price. Thanks!

Tourists* spelling mistake.

Elit locations;
Muratpaşa/Lara, Konyaaltı/Arapsuyu, Muratpaşa/Fener,
Medium range-Elit locations;
Muratpaşa/Bahçelievler, Muratpaşa/Gençlik, Muratpaşa/Yüzüncü Yıl
Medium range;
Muratpaşa/Çarşı, Kepez/Dokuma

Those places would be my advices if you are really looking for some cheap locations spesificly i can recommend you something according to your budget.

You can check flats for rent over this site. www.sahibinden.com

Hi I am planning to buy a small property in Antalya for Residancy and start living in Antalya plz can guide what I need to do thanks

Hi there
I know a friend In Antalya deals in selling and buying properties and it's trusted
I myself do the same job in Istanbul and many other places
Please if you're interested just tell me

Hi, I am a student in Elazig and want to move to Antalya or Istanbul in summer. What do you suggest where should I move? I don't know the Turkish language. Considering, i don't do any job as i am a student my family sends me money from Pakistan so living should be affordable not very expensive. Can anyone guide me which city is better?

Hi Sam saeed, which area in Antalya you prefer to stay? There are many things u need to pay attention to before really purchase a property. i would suggest you to pick an area u like and try to stay for few months. From there you will know the area and find out what suits you and your family.

both of them different.
it's up life style.
But I prefer Istanbul.

Well said

Hi Naddydia,

Thanks for getting back to me. First of all, I want to rent a home preferably a villa in a nice area central to everything, based that on I would like to purchase a property. Which area would you recommend in Antalya for rent? Do you know any good real estate agents?

Thanks once again!

Hi Mohamed,

Thanks for getting in touch. Please share your contact details so we can be in touch through email regarding real estate in Antalya.

Regards,

Sam

Hi Sam,

If you looking for a villa area i would recommend Belek. It's a nice neighborhood. If you looking for a place close to the centre is either Lara or Konyaalti. But both not a villa area.

Where can I find good quality clothes in cheap rates ? Istanbul or Antalya?

Hello,
I would like to come in winter this Dec , which area is good to seitseeing ?

Cheers
Sofia

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone on this post, but Bursa is in fact the best place to live in Turkey. The number one reason is because İskender originated in Bursa. Mudanya is incredible, and because I am living here so I have to cheer for my own city. Bursa wins my vote!

Dear Sofia,
Sorry for my late reply.
Better not Istanbul, because so busy and jam.
Antalya good but currently risky for Corona, because so much tourist.
But better Izmir for living. Riskless, modern minded peoples,  modern city and more easy and much enjoyable life.

My Watssapp if you need ***

My best wishes
Erol

Moderated by Diksha 2 years ago
Reason : Please do not post contact details on the forum for security reasons.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct