Going out in Bombay

Hi there,

Which are your 10 favorite places to go out in Bombay?

Which places would you recommend to newcomers? (restaurants, pubs, discos, theaters, cinemas, concert halls...)

Thanks!

Hmmmm....here's my top 10. :cool:

1. Vie Deck and Lounge (Sunday brunch buffett, dinner, disco. Beachfront location right on Juhu beach).
2. Aurus (just up from Vie on Juhu beach. Very popular bar on Friday nights. Has well known DJs. Entry can be selective so dress well).
3. Blue Frog (in Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. This club is excellent for live music).
4. Tito's Garage (in Bandra) is probably the best pub in Mumbai.
5. Bonobo is a hot new bar in Bandra (behind KFC on Linking Road). Excellent cocktails that are reasonably priced for Mumbai. Cool place but with no attitude).
6. Anyones who's into art should head to the Kala Ghoda (black horse) precinct in south Mumbai near Colaba. There are some excellent art galleries there.
7. Metro Cinema and Regal Cinema are both heritage places in south Mumbai. Good for catching a movie.
8. Most people who come to Mumbai like to stop by Leopold's Cafe in Colaba Causeway at least once. (It's featured in the book Shantaram, and yes it does exist!).
9. Anyone who likes wine should check out the Ivy Wine Cafes in Worli and Versova. One of the few places to get decent and reasonably priced wine in the city. The food is okay there but nothing special. Atmosphere is relaxed and ambient.
10. For discos that stay open past the 1.30am curfew, try China House at the Hyatt in Andheri, and Bling at the Leela Hotel at the International Airport.

Thanks, Sharell for the nice tips...I believe I've gone thru your blog by the way...aren't you australian married to a guy from Orissa?

Yes, that's me! ;)

Help me find an apartment! :-)

Unfortunately, I don't have much experience in that regard. Apartment hunting, what a nightmare!!

no worries, I'll let the brokers earn their daily bread (or pau?!)

Your blog eased the pain of relocating to Mumbai somewhat so thank you for that :)

HOLA  AMIGA !!

WE ARE EXPATS LIVING IN BOMBAY .... ME N MY FLAT MATE HAIL FROM SOUTH AMERICA . I M FROM BRAZIL N ANDRE IS FROM ARGENTINA ...
IT WILL BE LOVELY TO CONNECT .. MAY BE WE CAN BRUSH UP OUR ENGLISH N WE CAN TEACH YOU SPANISH N PORTUGUESE .. GOOD EXCHANGE PROGRAMME !!
WE ARE INTO MUSIC INDUSTRY IN THE INDIAN FILMS... AS COMPOSER , MUSICIAN AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER .....
ADIOS ... GOOD DAY ALWAYS ..
BUENO ... Y SALUTE
DOS MUHER ..... CARLYTA AMD ANDRE !![/b]

Sharell wrote:

Yes, that's me! ;)

You related to Thomas Cook in any way  ? :P

great friends keep chating and enjoy the life in Mumbai
I am babasaheb from Pune and any help you can contact me on my mobile 9822057454

Ok some more gems :-

1.I absolutely love Novotel, Juhu, poolside bar.... what a vew much more real & relaxed then Vie & Aurus.
2. Mithibai college, Juhu , the vada pav there is lovely.
3. Again Juhu , opposite kala kenndra, near Amitabh's bungalow, there's 'Banarasi Panwala'... coming to India and not eating Pan which u get here with choclate flavour or with ice crystals inside is like a trip wasted...
4. Andheri West - Firangi pani a pub inside Fun Republic mall behind Mercedes showroom... this place starts rocking after 12:00
5. Andheri West - Samisosa pub, from Infinity mall as u go to Mega mall it's at Mega mall end, no where else can u booze legally by the roadside...
6. Koyla, rooftop restaurant near Radio club Colaba, up the road from Taj palace hotel...
7. Prtihvi theatre canteen , janaki Kutir , Juhu , again near Amitabh's bungalow... For the lovers of performing arts...
8. Equally lovely is cafe at NCPA TATA theatre for performing arts at Nariman point, chilled out, only high society crowd..
9. Food Surprise - Laughing Caviar, upmarket resturant , Malad-West, at the Link roaad signal where you take left for Movie time theatre, take a right instead, go 3 minutes down the road, take first left and u wud see a big black gate. Knock for heaven of food to open..
10. Westin Hotel, on Western Express Highway Goregaon, the view from it's 19 floor restaurant is breathtaking..
11. Hard Rock Cafe & Shiraz pub at Worli, Inox theatre coffee house in Nariman point, PVR theatre for Movies in Juhu, Jughead's economical pub at Powai & Malad, Salt & Pepper, Bandra...God I miss mumbai...
12. last to close for now - Olives at union road bandra, way from coffee cafe day at Carter road bandra....