Travelling back to PHL with passport expiring

Hi Everyone,

I am new here and forgive me if this has been asked before. I am a Philippine citizen living in the US. I am travelling back for a vacation to PHL on March 2018 and my passport will expire on April. I plan to renew it while I'm there since I live far from any consulate. I already have passport renewal scheduled in PH. My question is,  will I have any problem entering PHL with my passport close to expiring? Thanks in advance!

You may want to ask this on PHL forum. Have you contacted your airline if you can board?

Thanks for the reply. No I havent called the airline.

A passport is valid for travel until it expires.  So if for example it expires 30 April, you can travel on it until midnight of that day.  Keep in mind the time difference while traveling to PH :)

You're travelling to the country where you're a passport holder, so the 3-month/6-month rule (NOT travelling to a foreign country with an intended date of departure within 3 months or 6 months of passport validity) doesn't apply. 

If you plan to enter another country en route to your home destination, then it's a different matter altogether.

In short, you're fine to travel to PH on your Philippines passport, but if you have dual citizenship, NOT on American passport if it will also expire soon.

Good response Ciambella.   You are correct..

Thank you so much for the responses. Just an update, I did call the airline and they said that since I am travelling back to PH through a direct flight then I am approved for boarding. If I were to transit or have a stopover in another country then they said that I "may" have some issues but all depends to the country and if I would need to leave the airport during transit.