Bus, Taxi or Boat?

I'll be flying from PQC to SGN arriving at 13:35 in the afternoon with quite a bit of luggage: large suitcase, garmet bag, 'carry-on' and laptop computer... basically all my possessions.

How would you recommend I make my way to Vung Tau: bus, taxi or... taxi/hydrophoil (or other boat) 'combo'?

Catch the limo from the airport and pay for two seats.

With the least amount of Transfer...probably FUTA bus line....and probably the cheapest. I suppose taxi would be second w/o requiring any xfer, but more costly. FUTA would require a taxi to the FUTA station, whereas a taxi you could take from the airport. If you take a taxi I would shop around the different prices quoted by Vinasun or Mai Linh. You can get a taxi for quite a bit less than the metered rate.

I second what @colinoscapee has said.
Here's how you can get it. Tripadvisor.
OTOH, a Grab/private car (4 seater) will cost around 1 mill.

If you wish to do it by bus
At the airport terminal go out of the building and cross the road to the  far side of the street.The 109 bus( yellow colour ) goes to the city center about every 20-30 minutes,takes nearly an hour and costs 20000 dong,you might have to pay a small fee for your bags.Its a dedicated airport/ city center service so few stops on the way
The bus will stop at September the 23 Park on Phan Ngu Lao St which is close to the Saigon/ Vung Tau bus ticket office
There are a number of buses to Vung Tau but Phuong Trang( Futa Buslines) is very reputable.Their ticket office is on Duong De Tham at  the junction with Phan Ngu Lao,just a little along Duong De Tham.Its marked on Google maps as Futa Buslines,the location shown is the waiting room,the ticket office is on the other side of the street next to the A25 Hotel...look for the orange fronted building.Last bus 7 pm ,costs 95000 Dong takes about 2-3 hours
When you get to the bus station in Vung Tau show them your hotel address,they will provide a minibus to get you there.
If you need more info on either bus sevices send me a private message  with your email address,I will send some screen shots and also one of the Futa bus location map

Okay... 'Limo' it is. I hate buses and don't want to have to transfer. I watched a YouTube video of the boat trip... it would be a nightmare with luggage!

Why get two seats on the limo though... because of the luggage?

Gareth Uk wrote:

Plus now at the Pham Ngu Lao bus station, city won't let the big buses pick up there. You have to cram into a minibus and they dump you on the Vo Van Kiet highway. With motorbikes whizzing by. pita.

OP - you will be so happy if you can get a direct ride from airport to VT hotel.

gobot wrote:
Gareth Uk wrote:

OP - you will be so happy if you can get a direct ride from airport to VT hotel.

I should be able to on a 'Limo' minivan... right?

No one's answered this though -
Why get two seats?

cruisemonkey wrote:
gobot wrote:
Gareth Uk wrote:

I should be able to on a 'Limo' minivan... right?

No one's answered this though -
Why get two seats?

My first post I said catch the limo bus.
Two seats if you have too much luggage, some limos have limited storage areas.

Cool thanks! (I thought is might be because of the luggage, but wan't sure).

There are quite a few companies doing this run now as it's become very popular.

senwl wrote:

I second what @colinoscapee has said.
Here's how you can get it. Tripadvisor.
OTOH, a Grab/private car (4 seater) will cost around 1 mill.

Does GRAB then continue to work for rides in and around Vũng Tàu?

For example, Đà Nẵng is an authorized GRAB area (as is HCMC) and you can use it to get a ride TO Huế.

However, once you are in Huế, GRAB can't be used.

I want to be able to use the GRAB app in Vũng Tàu...