Employment/Contract Lawyer

Hi there...I am Canadian and have received an employment contract to work in the Caymans and receive my work permit. I am confident that the contract is fine...but as things are a lot different in Cayman than Canada...does anyone have a Cayman lawyer they could refer that I could hire to review just to be sure that everything is okay and there is nothing I have missed?  Thanks in advance!!!

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I've lived (and sometimes worked) here for 40 years, so I might be able to answer some of your questions. Cayman's laws are based on UK laws, so they won't be totally different from Canada's, I would think. There are hundreds of Canadians working here at any given time. What are your main concerns? And, what sort of job do you have?

@kstiebel Hi Kstiebel, I also received an employment contract recently, and just like you, I wanted to make sure that everything is okay with it and that I didn't miss anything so I hired a [link moderated] to help me. He is from UpCounsel, and they also have attorneys from different states.