Programming Roles in Mauritius

Hi all,
I am a programmer working in the UK and of dual nationality Mauritian/British (Already have my Mauritian identity card).  I want to return to Mauritius and currently looking for a job. Ideally I would like a remote working job either with an overseas company. I am also considering roles within Mauritius.

Here is a brief description of current role:
A highly focused lead Oracle developer with 6 years' experience in a variety of development positions. Working closely with the client and able to play a key role throughout the full SDLC of a project to ensure quality solutions meets business objectives discussed with the client. Possessing a strong technical background and works independently whilst under pressure and mentoring junior developers. Maintaining strong team working ethics, deadline orientated and building excellent relationships with both the team and clients. Enthusiastic about problem solving and able to quickly adapt to the rapidly changing software development market and technologies.

Any advice would help to find the right role from the right places.

Many Thanks
Smita

Hi Smita,

you'll easily find a job in Mauritius, there are plenty of job offers. Obviously do not expect the same salaries than in the UK.

I am not sure employers will propose you a remote position, at least as a start.

Have you already posted your CV in the jobs section ?

https://www.expat.com/en/jobs/africa/mauritius/

Best wishes,

Julien

Hi Julien,
Thank you for your reply. I have just posted my CV and hopefully something comes up.

In terms of salary expectations, is there a way of finding out how much does a software developer with 6 years experience earn approximately?

n.b. Great website concept you have worked on :)

Kind Regards
Smita