Place to stay for new arrival in Abu Dhabi

Hi,

I'm from Singapore.
My work pass had just been approved, and i have been looking around and have shortlisted 3 areas i would like to stay, basically Reem Island.

Which one which you recommend for a 1 bedroom apartment?

-Sun/Sky Tower
-Gates Tower
-Marina Square (area)

Please advise.
Thank you

regards,
Edwin

Hi

If your Office is in Reem Island then its better stay there, otherwise going in and out during office hours is Night mare. All three places is good for you to stay

Thanks
Dhieraj Garg

HI Dhieraj Garg,

thanks for your info!
now i have to think twice because my workplace is actually at Khalidiya area,
Google map indicate the drive to be around 25 mins, Do you reckon it to be true?
Else do you have other recommandation?
(Etihad tower is too expensive for me)

thank you

Hi

I know reem island because i have been travelling for meeting from Dubai quite often, its nightmare during office hours. otherwise for other places I have no good knowledge.

Thanks

Al Reem towers provide great views, an organized and clean landscape and easy access to Abu Dhabi city. It's a good choice to live.

Al Khalidiyah is also quite a good lively area but you will encounter traffic and difficult parking spaces.

In the end, you should stick with Al Reem towers because it will be far more comfortable for your living but you can always move to Khalidiyah if the drive to work proves too hard. (Which it shouldn't, to be honest.)

I work on Reem Island (near Marina Square). I have no problem getting on or off the Island. There are currently 3 routes off the Island, onto Hamdan, Falah, and all Hazza Bin Zayad, and all head toward Khalidiyah (Hamdan and Falah are actually off Al Mariah Island, but that's academic).
Marina Square area would give you very quick access onto Hazza (and then onto Salaam st - the major artery on and off AD Island), but all 3 options are OK.
Why don't you look for accomm nearer your work. It is the many traffic lights in Abu Dhabi which slow any journey down. Where will your social scene be? Many people travel off Reem onto AD Island in the evenings.